syncing two users

Post by Stefanie Deube » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

My husband and I have each a pilot.
The Palm Pilot desktop SW is running on one PC - I have two users
defined.

Now we are trying to sync our "friends" address book, so that we both
have the same addresses and phone numbers available.

How can I "cross sync" between two users without exporting it from one,
and then importing it to the other?

Steff

syncing two users

Post by Kash » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am having the same problem - there are two ways:

I think if you just want to sync address books and have a Palm III you can
use the File Link options.  Otherwise I am trying to use PocketMirror and
Outlook to synchronise my Palm II and my wife's Palm III.

1. Problem Syncing Second User's (Wife's!) Palm IIIxe

I am using Pocket Mirror 3.0.2 Pro and have QuickWord and QuickSheet on a
Windows 2000 system with Outlook 2000. I can sync my Palm IIIxe okay. No
problems.

My wife has her own Profile. She can partially sync. All of QuickSheet and
QuickWord syncs okay. Usually all of Outlook syncs okay except Contacts.
Contacts will not sync (with either of us trying it, I should say). She has
about 8 or 9 separate contact folders to sync. It is set to sync folders.
I've tried Palm overwrites PC and sync. She has a bunch of stuff in the Palm
and want to get it backed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have
enclosed a sample error file.

Thanks!

Bill
--
Bill T. Ray

================= SAMPLE ERROR FILE ================

HotSync operation started 05/05/2001 01:02:47 PM
Mail - sync configured to Do Nothing
OK Expense
OK Outlook Calendar
-- Outlook Contacts
 User: Wife
 Version: 3.0.2 Pro (Build: 20010112)

ERROR: 0000102C
Error resolving change to handheld category: Home

    13111: BaseConduit
    13088: BaseConduit
      879: BaseConduit

ERROR: 0000102C
An unexpected state occurred while resolving category changes to Home.

    13370: BaseConduit

Outlook Contacts synchronization failed
OK Outlook Tasks
-- Outlook Notes
 User: Wife
 Version: 3.0.2 Pro (Build: 20010112)

ERROR: 0000102C
An unexpected state occurred while resolving category changes to Vacation
Food.

    13174: BaseConduit
      879: BaseConduit

Outlook Notes synchronization failed
Quicksheet - sync configured to Synchronize
OK Quicksheet
Quickword - sync configured to Synchronize
OK Quickword
System - sync configured to Do Nothing
HotSync operation complete 05/05/2001 01:03:20 PM

HotSync operation started 05/05/2001 12:58:56 PM
Mail - sync configured to Do Nothing
OK Expense
OK Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync
-- Outlook Contacts
 User: Wife
 Version: 3.0.2 Pro (Build: 20010112)

ERROR: 0000102C
Error resolving change to handheld category: Home

    13111: BaseConduit
    13088: BaseConduit
      879: BaseConduit

ERROR: 0000102C
An unexpected state occurred while resolving category changes to Home.

    13370: BaseConduit

Outlook Contacts synchronization failed
OK Outlook Tasks - Slow Sync
-- Outlook Notes
 User: Wife
 Version: 3.0.2 Pro (Build: 20010112)

ERROR: 0000102C
An unexpected state occurred while resolving category changes to Vacation
Food.

    13174: BaseConduit
      879: BaseConduit

Outlook Notes synchronization failed
Quicksheet - sync configured to Synchronize
OK Quicksheet
Quickword - sync configured to Synchronize
OK Quickword
System - sync configured to Do Nothing
HotSync operation complete 05/05/2001 12:59:23 PM

2. Sound

3. Two users, two Pilots, one set of data - How?

4. "Network Security Secrets" by Stang

5. Hot syncing two different users on one Palm m100

6. Sharc EZ-KIT Serial Port 1

7. Sync two palm users with Outlook

8. help!! info needed quick on DTPing in Unix

9. Two users: 1 sync ACT, another Palm Desktop ?

10. Sync mail first time=OK, sync second time=NOK

11. Second user - Palm 4 on a Mac

12. Second user & synching problem - also intellisync vs. pocket mirro

13. Sharing a Palm Desktop Calendar between two users