Visor, USB, Hotsych, Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Visor, USB, Hotsych, Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Post by Hot Telle » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

I have the above hooked up.....   Visor, USB, Hotsych, Microsoft
Intellimouse Explorer. And ever since my new MOUSE -USB- I cant seem
to hotsynch at all - I looked at the Visor page and it said to remove
all other USB items ( which would include my mouse ) and try again.

Is that idiotic or what - can someone help me out here? Does anyone
have the same problem?

Post by M. Johan Broekma » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

> I have the above hooked up.....   Visor, USB, Hotsych, Microsoft
> Intellimouse Explorer. And ever since my new MOUSE -USB- I cant seem
> to hotsynch at all - I looked at the Visor page and it said to remove
> all other USB items ( which would include my mouse ) and try again.

> Is that idiotic or what - can someone help me out here? Does anyone
> have the same problem?

My Visor's USB cradle goes to the same LinkSys 4 port USB hub (plugged
into the single USB port on my Compaq 1255) as does my USB zip drive.
(different ports on the hub of course).  Haven't had any conflicts with
it, but I haven't purposely used the drive while hotsyncing.  Have you
tried reversing the ports you hook up the mouse and cradle?
--
Best regards
Han Broekman

Visor, USB, Hotsych, Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Post by Osaris Onlin » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have the above hooked up.....   Visor, USB, Hotsych, Microsoft
> Intellimouse Explorer. And ever since my new MOUSE -USB- I cant seem
> to hotsynch at all - I looked at the Visor page and it said to remove
> all other USB items ( which would include my mouse ) and try again.

> Is that idiotic or what - can someone help me out here? Does anyone
> have the same problem?

I have the visor cradle & my Intellimouse Explorer plugged in on USB, and
they work fine. Only thing I did was install the Palm Desktop software
before I plugged the cradle in so it already had the drivers.

Visor, USB, Hotsych, Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Post by Elle » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Don't know if this is your problem, and maybe you've solved it already,
but I had a lot of trouble with the USB cradle in my office.  I
installed one at home with no trouble, but I think I may have plugged
the one at the office into the USB port before getting to that point in
the software installation instructions, and that (or something else)
corrupted the USB hub driver (and maybe other things).  It made it
impossible to use the USB ports at all.   I did every troubleshooting
fix that I could think of, as did our IT person, and nothing that
Handspring suggested worked.   Finally wiped and reinstalled the entire
system, and then did the Visor installation properly.   Works fine now.
(I've suggested to someone at Handspring that there ought to be a very
visible warning on the software envelope against plugging the cradle in
too soon!)
Ellen

> > I have the above hooked up.....   Visor, USB, Hotsych, Microsoft
> > Intellimouse Explorer. And ever since my new MOUSE -USB- I cant seem
> > to hotsynch at all - I looked at the Visor page and it said to
remove
> > all other USB items ( which would include my mouse ) and try again.

> > Is that idiotic or what - can someone help me out here? Does anyone
> > have the same problem?

> My Visor's USB cradle goes to the same LinkSys 4 port USB hub (plugged
> into the single USB port on my Compaq 1255) as does my USB zip drive.
> (different ports on the hub of course).  Haven't had any conflicts
with
> it, but I haven't purposely used the drive while hotsyncing.  Have you
> tried reversing the ports you hook up the mouse and cradle?
> --
> Best regards
> Han Broekman
> (Please answer to the newsgroup)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. visor hotsych connect pin out

I would like to make a serial cradle for my visor.  There are 8 gold
contacts on the bottom of the Visor.  I assume that these gold contacts
connect to 8 of the pins on the 9 pin serial cable.

If this is true does anyone know the what gold contact connects to which
pin.

Thanks

2. Winter Games for Atari ?

3. Looking to trade Visor USB Cradle for Visor serial cradle

4. Can I use a SVGA monitor on a Sun?

5. WTT: Visor USB cradle for Visor serial cradle

6. N-best list and SAPI 5

7. Choosing an Outlook hotsych tool

8. need information on Transwarp I

9. Hotsych appears to work (but doesn't)???

10. MS Outlook hotsych problems

11. HotSych Manager

12. Explorer for Palms?

13. Internet Explorer 5.5 installed causes Hotsynch illegal operation