EFIGS and m505 and Jackflash

Post by JM » Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:26:36

Here is some interesting news. -
I have an m505 in Australia and it is the EFIGS (English, french etc.) one
(international)  this only has 450K free flash - almost useless.

Whereas the US one has 1.7M free flash.

What a pity as this means that non US users miss out on all this flash mem.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get more flash with EFIGS?

Any non US users out there with Jackflash?

EFIGS and m505 and Jackflash

Post by David Pabs » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:51:18

When there is a flash utility available, you might be able to flash the en-us
version so you could use the extra flash memory, but who knows when that will
happen.  Probably not until another version comes out.

To my understanding all previous versions of flash utility are only for
serial... if anyone has other info .. post it!

> Here is some interesting news. -
> I have an m505 in Australia and it is the EFIGS (English, french etc.) one
> (international)  this only has 450K free flash - almost useless.

> Whereas the US one has 1.7M free flash.

> What a pity as this means that non US users miss out on all this flash mem.

> Does anyone know if it is possible to get more flash with EFIGS?

> Any non US users out there with Jackflash?

EFIGS and m505 and Jackflash

Post by Peter da Sil » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:30:10

Quote:>To my understanding all previous versions of flash utility are only for
>serial... if anyone has other info .. post it!

Now they have all this memory, they should produce a flash utility that's
loaded to RAM first so you don't need USB and serial versions, like the
programs that Springboard developers use to flash their modules.

--
Rev. Peter da Silva, ULC.                                       WWFD?

"Capitalism works primarily because most of the ways that a company can be scum
end up being extremely bad for business when there's working competition." -rra

1. M505 - reclaiming ROM from EFIGS

Is there any way of reclaiming ROM space from the multilanguage version of
the M505? I'd like to get the 1.7mb of flash rom in the US version but us
poor Euros only get about .5mb. I only want the English support so is there
a way of ditching the other languages?

2. windows 2000 and HP all in one products

3. Flashing EFIGS machine to US ROM (m505) Report.

4. Converting Visual FoxPro Code

5. Brayder Technologies Adds Support for the Palm m500/m505 to JackFlash

6. PPI Failed reset

7. Review: JackFlash on m505

8. Different models of Teac-56E (6x) ???

9. JackFlash or FlashPro for Palm m505 - Which?

10. EFIG

11. EFIG: One Month Until Palm VII 8MB

12. Upgraded my Palm V to 8MB: efig.com did great

13. Efig? Anyone tried it?