OS upgrade 3.3 to 3.5

Post by Joseph Goodwi » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:49:43

I recently purchased a used Palm III (the original, no X, E, or XE).  The
installed OS is 3.3.  I am interested in upgrading it to 3.5, but the only
upgrade version of the OS on Palm's site is the 3.5.2 upgrade, which
requires 3.5 to be in place.  Is there an available flash upgrade from 3.3
to 3.5?

OS upgrade 3.3 to 3.5

Post by Dan Nord » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:59:18

Quote:> I recently purchased a used Palm III (the original, no X, E, or XE).  The
>installed OS is 3.3.  I am interested in upgrading it to 3.5, but the only
>upgrade version of the OS on Palm's site is the 3.5.2 upgrade, which
>requires 3.5 to be in place.  Is there an available flash upgrade from 3.3
>to 3.5?

Not really. There used to be one, but it cost money. When OS 4.1 was released
for sale they pulled 3.5.

So your options here are to go all the way to 4.1 or try to find an old copy of
the 3.5 install CD or the Mobile Internet Kit (3.5 came for free with it) for
sale from some warehouse or some other company that might have one still.

--
Dan Norder
"You can tell a fish head anything you want to

OS upgrade 3.3 to 3.5

Post by Hans Grube » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:40:20

Quote:> So your options here are to go all the way to 4.1 or try to find an old copy of
> the 3.5 install CD or the Mobile Internet Kit (3.5 came for free with it) for
> sale from some warehouse or some other company that might have one still.

Actually the MIK is floating about on a few places on the 'net,
and on ebay where they can be had for little money.

1. Upgraded from OS 3.3 to OS 3.5 DR4 - observations

I upgraded my IIIx to the same version and I have noticed the same
things.

In addition, I can't get any of the icons that show up on the screen
when I do the command stroke to work.  For example, if I highlight
some text, then do a command stroke which brings up the small
window with the cut, paste, etc. icons on it and hit the 'Cut' icon, the
text isn't cut.  If it use the command stroke and use the old method
(write an 'x') the text is cut.  Has anyone else had the same
experience or is there something wrong with my install?

-Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. W?rterb├╝cher in Notes 5.0 PE

3. Upgrading from OS 3.3 to 3.5

4. Remoting and the Compact framework

5. Can I upgrade from OS 3.3 to 3.5 & use the 3.5.2 patch?????

6. CD-music problem

7. should I upgrade my PalmVx from OS 3.3 to 3.5

8. POP3 mailers, PPP and dynamic/static addressing

9. Upgrading Palm OS 3.3 to 3.5

10. Hi I would like to upgrade from os 3.3 to 3.5 with my palm IIIx.

11. Palm IIIx w/OS 3.3...any bugs upgrading to 3.5?

12. Upgrade Palm OS from 3.3 to 3.5 on a Palm Vx?

13. Palm OS 3.3 to 3.5 upgrade