Backing up my Palm V

Post by A » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I was wondering whether i should perform a hard reset on my Palm V to
clean out any unnecessary information that might be there (kinda like
reformatting my hard drive).

But i am concerned that i may lose  information that is in my Palm V
but not on my desktop (ie.  Cryptinfo, HandBase, etc...)

Any suggestions?

thanks

Backing up my Palm V

Post by Steve » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Generally, it's not required or recommended to hard reset your device for
housekeeping.

If your concerned about losing information (say, in the event of an
unplanned hard-reset) it might make sense to invest in BackupBuddy.  You can
find it at www.palmgear.com if you click on "search archives" on the right.

Cheers
Steve

>I was wondering whether i should perform a hard reset on my Palm V to
>clean out any unnecessary information that might be there (kinda like
>reformatting my hard drive).

>But i am concerned that i may lose  information that is in my Palm V
>but not on my desktop (ie.  Cryptinfo, HandBase, etc...)

>Any suggestions?

>thanks

Backing up my Palm V

Post by LETOT Rém » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> I was wondering whether i should perform a hard reset on my Palm V to
> clean out any unnecessary information that might be there (kinda like
> reformatting my hard drive).

It's not necessary with the palm.

Quote:

> But i am concerned that i may lose  information that is in my Palm V
> but not on my desktop (ie.  Cryptinfo, HandBase, etc...)

You can use 3rd party software to backup everything.
Pilot-link is what I use : it's free and does everything.

--

- Rmi -
Remove ".nospam" for mail copies of the answers

Backing up my Palm V

Post by kdk » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

one word:  BackupBuddy.  well worth the $$ to back of all 3rd party apps,
hacks, and Flash Rom programs.