Connect S500C to internet

Post by Bosc » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:33:27

Recently, I have got YanOff, which is a news group reader and
installed in my CLIE-S500C.

I have a question in how to connect my CLIE to the internet in order
to get the news download to my PDA. Is there something need to be
setup in the PALM Desktop and my PDA ?

Please advice.

Thanks

1. CLIE connect to internet via linux

Actually, I want to ask if anybody is connecting your PALM device to
the internet through linux box ? If so, what PALM application you are
playing with ? Cause I am trying to get some news using YanOff 1.5.4,
but it seems that even after the successful connection to my linux
box, the CLIE device still cannot connect to the internet. How do you
test you PALM device to see if it really connects to the internet
anyway ?

Seemed that its a question relation to linux box. I am using the
following command to hook up my CLIE with the linux box.

/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS0 115200 192.x.x.x:192.x.x.x proxyarp persist
local noauth silent nodetach ms-dns 192.x.x.x

Thanks

2. Alternative mnemonics for 8086/8080/Z80

3. Problems connecting clie to Internet via wireless Lan - Please help !

4. Using Hard Drive on Phaser 560

5. How to connect to the internet?

6. Crossing over wires

7. Treo 90 Internet connect via cell phone

8. Posting Form Data to SQL 7 Database & EMAIL

9. How do I connect the PDA to the internet??

10. Connect Palm to Internet via Mac?

11. Can't synchronize while connected to internet

12. connect to the internet via cradle??

13. connect Palm/WINCE to internet by ADSL ?