Help! I'm confused which card will work in my m505!

Help! I'm confused which card will work in my m505!

Post by emulsio.. » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 04:13:40

Which cards should I look for for storage for my m505? Is it called a
SmartMedia card? Compact Flash card or what? What is the best/fastest
card to get? I'm confused.

Will the following item work in the m505?

<http://shop2.outpost.com/product/02761>

Help! I'm confused which card will work in my m505!

Post by Ben Steev » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 05:20:24

Quote:>Which cards should I look for for storage for my m505? Is it called a
>SmartMedia card? Compact Flash card or what? What is the best/fastest
>card to get? I'm confused.

This page: http://www.palm.com/products/accessories/expansioncards/ on the
Palm website pretty clearly explains what kinds of cards you can use on the
m505: SD (Secure Digital) and MMC (MultiMediaCard).  SmartMedia is another
type of card, as is CF.  None of them (other than SD and MMC) are
slot-compatable, and while most SD-capable devices are MMC-capable, not all
MMC-capable devices are SD-capable.

Quote:>Will the following item work in the m505?

><http://shop2.outpost.com/product/02761>

That's a SmartMedia card.  It won't work.

--

"Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat."
                        -- Anonymous

Help! I'm confused which card will work in my m505!

Post by c3 » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 04:45:05

Read your documentation.

Quote:> Which cards should I look for for storage for my m505? Is it called a
> SmartMedia card? Compact Flash card or what? What is the best/fastest
> card to get? I'm confused.

> Will the following item work in the m505?

> <http://shop2.outpost.com/product/02761>

Help! I'm confused which card will work in my m505!

Post by Valkyri » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:11:02

Also, SD card are faster than MMC cards.

> >Which cards should I look for for storage for my m505? Is it called a
> >SmartMedia card? Compact Flash card or what? What is the best/fastest
> >card to get? I'm confused.

> This page: http://www.palm.com/products/accessories/expansioncards/ on the
> Palm website pretty clearly explains what kinds of cards you can use on
the
> m505: SD (Secure Digital) and MMC (MultiMediaCard).  SmartMedia is another
> type of card, as is CF.  None of them (other than SD and MMC) are
> slot-compatable, and while most SD-capable devices are MMC-capable, not
all
> MMC-capable devices are SD-capable.

> >Will the following item work in the m505?

> ><http://shop2.outpost.com/product/02761>

> That's a SmartMedia card.  It won't work.

> --

> "Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat."
> -- Anonymous

Help! I'm confused which card will work in my m505!

Post by Ian Greenspo » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:55:13

The m500 series uses a card called SD (Secure Digital) , or MMC (MultiMedia
Card) If you see either of those words in the description, they'll work on
your Palm

Quote:> Which cards should I look for for storage for my m505? Is it called a
> SmartMedia card? Compact Flash card or what? What is the best/fastest
> card to get? I'm confused.

> Will the following item work in the m505?

> <http://shop2.outpost.com/product/02761>

Help! I'm confused which card will work in my m505!

Post by wayne ange » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 02:37:21

with questions like this... do you even need the extra memory?

Quote:> Which cards should I look for for storage for my m505? Is it called a
> SmartMedia card? Compact Flash card or what? What is the best/fastest
> card to get? I'm confused.

> Will the following item work in the m505?

> <http://shop2.outpost.com/product/02761>

1. oh my God..m505 OS upgrade fail and my m505 doesn't work at all..

Dear Palm users,

I'm a Korean and not good at English, sorry.

I use Palm m505 and tried to upgrade OS from 4.0 to 4.1 yesterday.
Following is the sequence of what I did:

1) download "Palmm505_eng4_1_FlashNew.zip" from
http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/palmos41_legal.html

2) uncompress the file and run the *.exe file

3) As the upgrade software indicates, I connect my palm in cradle and
press hotsync button.

4) The hotsync process begin but soon it fail with message: "your palm
is not compatible ..bluh bluh"

: in this moment, I should have noticed something is wrong... :-/

5) I retried but failed again, so I tried "advanced mode"

6) I go to the advanced mode and do the "debug mode reset" with my
palm.

7) However, my palm did NOT show the debug mode screen (snow and
blinking square), the screen was just clean and nothing is shown in
screen as if it is in just power-off state.

: it was the second chance that I can avoid the disaster...

8) I just connect the palm with cradle, not expecting anything.. But,
the "next" button became activated!! (oh my God.. why..) My palm still
shows nothing.

9) I pressed the next button and the upgrade process began.. But soon
it
failed with the message "Your palm is unstable.. check the
connection.. bluh"

10) I retried but failed, and I gave up upgrading. I lift up my palm
and do a reset.. but.. but..

Now, my palm doesn't work at all.. Power button, reset button, and any
other
button doesn't work. My palm is just power-off now.. (or, just it
appears to be so?)

What can I do now? In Korea, there is no official Palm A/S center. I
have to
send it to Singapore.. And it is weekend now.. I have to wait at least
2 days.
:'(

Is there anyone who have same experience, or have something to advice
to me?

2. Head over Heels file format

3. How does the SD memory expansion card work on the m505?

4. The IMF Is Lookin Out For Me. Thanks Guys.

5. Need help Can't get Hello World from the O'Reilly book to work

6. Order of line styles

7. m505 memory card won't stay in

8. M505 won't write RAM card?

9. Solved: M505 won't write RAM card

10. Visor won't work with USB card?

11. m505 USB Hotsynch - PALM conduits do NOT work; 3rd party ones DO - MACINTOSH - PLEASE HELP

12. A little confused on how "Hot Sync" works.