1. oh my God..m505 OS upgrade fail and my m505 doesn't work at all..
Dear Palm users,
I'm a Korean and not good at English, sorry.
I use Palm m505 and tried to upgrade OS from 4.0 to 4.1 yesterday.
Following is the sequence of what I did:
1) download "Palmm505_eng4_1_FlashNew.zip" from
2) uncompress the file and run the *.exe file
3) As the upgrade software indicates, I connect my palm in cradle and
press hotsync button.
4) The hotsync process begin but soon it fail with message: "your palm
is not compatible ..bluh bluh"
: in this moment, I should have noticed something is wrong... :-/
5) I retried but failed again, so I tried "advanced mode"
6) I go to the advanced mode and do the "debug mode reset" with my
7) However, my palm did NOT show the debug mode screen (snow and
blinking square), the screen was just clean and nothing is shown in
screen as if it is in just power-off state.
: it was the second chance that I can avoid the disaster...
8) I just connect the palm with cradle, not expecting anything.. But,
the "next" button became activated!! (oh my God.. why..) My palm still
9) I pressed the next button and the upgrade process began.. But soon
failed with the message "Your palm is unstable.. check the
10) I retried but failed, and I gave up upgrading. I lift up my palm
and do a reset.. but.. but..
Now, my palm doesn't work at all.. Power button, reset button, and any
button doesn't work. My palm is just power-off now.. (or, just it
appears to be so?)
What can I do now? In Korea, there is no official Palm A/S center. I
send it to Singapore.. And it is weekend now.. I have to wait at least
Is there anyone who have same experience, or have something to advice
2. Head over Heels file format
3. How does the SD memory expansion card work on the m505?
4. The IMF Is Lookin Out For Me. Thanks Guys.
5. Need help Can't get Hello World from the O'Reilly book to work
6. Order of line styles
7. m505 memory card won't stay in
8. M505 won't write RAM card?
9. Solved: M505 won't write RAM card
10. Visor won't work with USB card?
11. m505 USB Hotsynch - PALM conduits do NOT work; 3rd party ones DO - MACINTOSH - PLEASE HELP
12. A little confused on how "Hot Sync" works.