NS Basic - Random files

Post by New2I » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:58:56

Hi...
I'm trying to write few records to a file and retrieve them later. I
tried to work with sequential files, but i have too many records. I
realized that random files are better than sequential files when
search has to be performed on too many records. The problem is when
i'm trying to write a record into a file, i have to enter a record
number.
I open the file and then enter the records and then close the file.
After sometime when i run the program again to enter records i don't
want it to rewrite my original records (i.e. it should continue from
EOF). how can i get that to work..
Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Akhila.

1. NS Basic/Palm 3.1 Released

May 14, 2003 -  NS BASIC Corporation is pleased to announce the
immediate availability of NS Basic/Palm 3.1. The new release includes
a Chinese language IDE and adds new features which take advantage of
Palm OS 5.

"Asia has always been a strong market for our products." said George
Henne, President of NS BASIC Corporation. "By adding Chinese
Traditional and Chinese Simplified versions of our development
environment, we make it much easier for developers in China, Hong Kong
and Taiwan to create apps for Palm OS devices."

NS BASIC also announced a number of new features to further take
advantage of the capabilities of Palm OS 5 devices, including

- Support for Hi Res images, lines and shapes
- Support for Hi Res Signature Capture
- Recognizing the new buttons on Zire 71 and Tungsten C devices

There are a number of other updates as well. NS Basic/Palm creates
apps that run on all Palm OS 5 devices from all manufacturers.

With these enhancements, NS Basic/Palm makes it easy to create apps
that look great on Palm OS 5 devices, while continuing to run well on
Palm OS 4 and 3.

More about NS Basic for Palm OS
    NS Basic allows developers who have programmed with tools such as
Visual Basic to use their experience to rapidly develop applications
for Palm OS 5 based and earlier devices. NS Basic is a complete,
powerful development environment for Palm OS applications. NS Basic
includes features such as databases, serial and IR communications,
signature capture, bar code reading, wireless communications and more.
NS Basic/Palm is priced at $149.95 for a single user version. An
Enterprise edition is available. There are no runtime royalty charges
for apps created with NS Basic/Palm.

About NS BASIC
    NS Basic for Palm OS is one of the most widely used Palm OS
development tools.  NS BASIC Corporation has been a leading creator of
development tools for handheld devices since 1993.  More than 14,000
developers in over 60 countries use NS BASIC's tools for Palm OS,
Windows CE and Newton.   Here are some useful pointers for more
information:
    Tour: http://www.nsbasic.com/palm/info/Tour.html
    FAQ: http://www.nsbasic.com/palm/info/faq.html
    Specifications: http://www.nsbasic.com/palm/info/Specifications.html

2. Re-immersing - books?

3. NS BASIC Announces Programming Contest!

4. Bridging only NetBios

5. NS Basic/Palm adds support for Symbol, HandEra

6. AD Object Name layout

7. Ann: NS Basic/Palm new version, downloadable demo

8. sorry about that

9. NS/Basic Manual

10. NS Basic for Palm

11. Ann: NS BASIC Announces Development Tool for Palm

12. NSbasic- What are the shortcomings of NS Basic?

13. AppForge NS Basic CASL Which one to pick?