IIIx/Netscape Mail synchs acting weird

Post by Sciola, Dari » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:56:25

I'm having problems getting hotsynch to pick up my mail from Netscape.

I recently got a IIIx and quickly realized that the mail conduit is no longer a separate program as it was about 2 years ago.

I'm using Netscape 4.76 and the only instructions I seen to find all say that I should simply enable MAPI in the 'Preferences' pull down menu.
I've had it set to synch both ALL emails and only UNREAD emails, but everytime I hotsynch (making sure that my dial-in connection is up AND that there
are a few unread emails) it seems that at most the synch will only pick up 1 email or none at all. Even that one email that gets to my palm seems to be truncated
since I can never see any of the actual content (only the sender and title and other header info).  Yes, I've selected the 'see content' option not just 'see header'
and I've played with a bunch of the truncation settings, usually leaving it at 4000 characters.  The MAIL conduit setting is for 'Netscape Communicator'. I've
tried upgrading from OS3.1 to OS3.5. No change. I hoped that going to Netscape 6.2 would solve the problem but it seems that N6.2 doesn't even support
MAPI and hence no Mail synching with Palm at all!
I've searched over and over on the net to see if I can find any articles or notes about this. No luck.

The only other hint I have is that I sometimes see an error (2901) in my synch log and it happens to be listed just prior to the Mail synch.

To make matters even more complicated I can no longer synch the Netscape address book. It worked fine when I had OS3.1 but I recently tried and I no
longer worked. Uninstalling the Address Book synch program and reinstalling it had no effect. For this problem, the synch log suggests I may be out of memory
(I have over 2MB still free) and it suggests that I remove some records. I only have 1 address record and that was to test to see if the Netscape address book
would pick it up. Removing it had no effect.

What does seem to work is if I write an email on the palm and then synch. The email goes out fine. So at least I know I have SOME mail connectivity.

Does anyone have a clue?

--
+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------+

|          Nortel Networks            | Carling, Lab 3.3 F16               |
|Succession OAM Base S/W Development  | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada            |
|                                     | (613) 768-2989 / ESN 398+2989      |
+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------+

  dsciola.vcf
< 1K Download

IIIx/Netscape Mail synchs acting weird

Post by Jennifer Shelam » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:53:47

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:56:25 -0500, "Sciola, Dario"

>--------------A87DDE88D4B5F946329546D6

>I'm having problems getting hotsynch to pick up my mail from Netscape.

>I recently got a IIIx and quickly realized that the mail conduit is no longer a separate program as it was about 2 years ago.

>I'm using Netscape 4.76 and the only instructions I seen to find all say that I should simply enable MAPI in the 'Preferences' pull down menu.
>I've had it set to synch both ALL emails and only UNREAD emails, but everytime I hotsynch (making sure that my dial-in connection is up AND that there
>are a few unread emails) it seems that at most the synch will only pick up 1 email or none at all. Even that one email that gets to my palm seems to be truncated
>since I can never see any of the actual content (only the sender and title and other header info).  Yes, I've selected the 'see content' option not just 'see header'
>and I've played with a bunch of the truncation settings, usually leaving it at 4000 characters.  The MAIL conduit setting is for 'Netscape Communicator'. I've
>tried upgrading from OS3.1 to OS3.5. No change. I hoped that going to Netscape 6.2 would solve the problem but it seems that N6.2 doesn't even support
>MAPI and hence no Mail synching with Palm at all!
>I've searched over and over on the net to see if I can find any articles or notes about this. No luck.

>The only other hint I have is that I sometimes see an error (2901) in my synch log and it happens to be listed just prior to the Mail synch.

>To make matters even more complicated I can no longer synch the Netscape address book. It worked fine when I had OS3.1 but I recently tried and I no
>longer worked. Uninstalling the Address Book synch program and reinstalling it had no effect. For this problem, the synch log suggests I may be out of memory
>(I have over 2MB still free) and it suggests that I remove some records. I only have 1 address record and that was to test to see if the Netscape address book
>would pick it up. Removing it had no effect.

>What does seem to work is if I write an email on the palm and then synch. The email goes out fine. So at least I know I have SOME mail connectivity.

>Does anyone have a clue?

Are you running the most recent version of Palm Desktop (4.0.1)? You
can get it from Palm's web site. I've seen this problem reported
before, and there was a web site that gave a solution, but it seems to
be gone.

Jennifer
--
PDA Rentals
http://www.pdarentals.com

IIIx/Netscape Mail synchs acting weird

I am using the latest desktop, but it does not seem to be related to that since it was doing the same with the older (3.x?) desktop.

--
+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------+

|          Nortel Networks            | Carling, Lab 3.3 F16               |
|Succession OAM Base S/W Development  | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada            |
|                                     | (613) 768-2989 / ESN 398+2989      |
+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------+

  dsciola.vcf
< 1K Download

1. FlashPro & DB's, which mail/browser, Netscape Mail sync?

I am a newbie, fairly savvy, and have a few questions...

1.  Can one move databases into Flash using FlashPro?  The
docs say yes and describe how, the FlashPro compatibility
list shows a lot of NA's, and many of the sites and messages
in this group suggest not too.  What is the scoop?  I tried
moving all of the AvantGo db's and then Avantgo
complained...would love to move some of the databases.  Do
apps run any differently when the app is in Flash and the DB
in Ram??

2.  Which Email package?  All seem ok but the trials are
limiting in one way or another (MultiMail Pro is only 2
days, but at least has IMAP4).

3.  Which browser?  I have tried ProxiNet and HandWeb.
ProxiNet seems really cool but wonder how trustworthy their
proxies are.  Further, it failed when I had to enter a
username/password protected web site.  The HandWeb demo does
not allow you to open up a URL so I can not test this
feature in that package.

4.  Any one been able to sync up Netscape 4.5 mail (IMAP).
I tried the Palmeta product, version 1.73 and it hosed
Memo-Pad (needed to reinstall the desktop).  Any other
solutions?

Thanks in advance for any assistance....

2. Treeview / treenode overrides

3. Netscape mail on the Palm IIIx?

4. Northpoint DSL Rebate Problems

5. Palm V acting weird

6. Developers.

7. Digitizer acting weird

8. pine manual

9. palm 3 recently started acting weird!

10. Pilot acting weird (Screen)

11. Screen Acting Weird on PilotPro; Need help

12. Mail Sync to Netscape stopped working

13. How to sync mail to Netscape Messenger