CashWrap2/Wrap2 (w/ quickrel. beltclip) case experiences

CashWrap2/Wrap2 (w/ quickrel. beltclip) case experiences

Post by Mathias Koerbe » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I was looking for an improved case for my P3 lately (I currently have a
simple
case which leaves 3 sides open, attaches with velcro no beltclip and can
take
only 3credit cards plus maybe 5 namecards. I can remember the
manufacturer/model :-)

I quite like the idea of the I2I CashWrap2, but would like to hear from
people
who used it. Can it take a normal take of banknotes or just a few?
Can it take coins in addition to banknotes? Is there enough room
for other tems like Credit Cards, other cards, receipts etc?
Could it take an additional set of batteries too?

Especially the belpclip interests me. I know the CW2 only has the
standard beltclip. Is that useful/secure? Is it fast to detach the PIII?
Any (other) problem with it? Is it sturdy?

The I2I Wrap2 comes with a QuickRelease beltclip, which sounds very nice?
Has someone tried that clip? Is it secure?

I guess the ideal might be the CW2 with the QR beltclip, if thay had that.
Depending
on feedback here I might try to lobby I2I to have a QR beltclip option for
the CW2.

Any help is welcome...

CashWrap2/Wrap2 (w/ quickrel. beltclip) case experiences

Post by Bart Natha » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I had the Wrap2 with QR belt clip.  Unfortunately the quick release was a
bit too quick and it inadvertently released my PPPro several times,
resulting in a cracked screen and a $100 charge from 3com to replace/repair
it.  I rally did like the convenience of the QR though, but I am
understandably a bit gun shy.
Bart Nathan, M.D.
Neurocritical Care and Neuroinfectious Disease
University of *ia
C*tesville, VA

----------

>I was looking for an improved case for my P3 lately (I currently have a
>simple
>case which leaves 3 sides open, attaches with velcro no beltclip and can
>take
>only 3credit cards plus maybe 5 namecards. I can remember the
>manufacturer/model :-)

>I quite like the idea of the I2I CashWrap2, but would like to hear from
>people
>who used it. Can it take a normal take of banknotes or just a few?
>Can it take coins in addition to banknotes? Is there enough room
>for other tems like Credit Cards, other cards, receipts etc?
>Could it take an additional set of batteries too?

>Especially the belpclip interests me. I know the CW2 only has the
>standard beltclip. Is that useful/secure? Is it fast to detach the PIII?
>Any (other) problem with it? Is it sturdy?

>The I2I Wrap2 comes with a QuickRelease beltclip, which sounds very nice?
>Has someone tried that clip? Is it secure?

>I guess the ideal might be the CW2 with the QR beltclip, if thay had that.
>Depending
>on feedback here I might try to lobby I2I to have a QR beltclip option for
>the CW2.

>Any help is welcome...

CashWrap2/Wrap2 (w/ quickrel. beltclip) case experiences

Post by Mathias Koerbe » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Thanks,

that is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

>I had the Wrap2 with QR belt clip.  Unfortunately the quick release was a
>bit too quick and it inadvertently released my PPPro several times,
>resulting in a cracked screen and a $100 charge from 3com to replace/repair
>it.  I rally did like the convenience of the QR though, but I am
>understandably a bit gun shy.

CashWrap2/Wrap2 (w/ quickrel. beltclip) case experiences

Post by Mathias Koerbe » Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00

Same here, I *did* ask the manufacturer (but was also interested in
other people's experiences, hence the post here)...

They came back with only a partial answer, just like your case :-(

They also contardicted one of their webpage's statements (the
webpage says CashWrap3 is available with the standard beltclip
only, their email said with the quickrelease beltclip only)

I have since decided *against* the I2I case...

>>I quite like the idea of the I2I CashWrap2, but would like to hear from
people
>>who used it. Can it take a normal take of banknotes or just a few?  Can it
>>take coins in addition to banknotes? Is there enough room for other tems
like
>>Credit Cards, other cards, receipts etc?  Could it take an additional set
of
>>batteries too?

> I asked the manufacturer similar questions (now there's a rash
> idea: ask the manufacturer!) and they only answered part of my
> questions.  I e-mailed them back to point out that they didn't
> answer some of my questions and they never replied.

> I guess they didn't want my money that badly.  I have since
> given my money to another manufacturer.

>>The I2I Wrap2 comes with a QuickRelease beltclip, which sounds very nice?
>>Has someone tried that clip? Is it secure?

> Speaking of quick-release belt-clips, can somebody explain what
> problem this solves (other than how to impress your geeky
> friends)?  Getting the Pilot out of the case on your belt
> quickly is a good thing, but I don't see why getting the *case*
> *itself* off your belt quickly matters.

In this case, the whole case is like a wallet. It would be nice toget your
wallet off the belt too. Others also like using the Pilot with the case
still
attached (protection against bumping it)?

The quickrelease has the advantage that one does not have to remove
the part which is attached tothe belt every time. Because reinserting that
might mean that one does it shoddily sometimes, and then it is not properly
secured. This is theproblem I had with the first NOKIA handphone leather
cases,
which just had the metal clipon the back.

Quote: