OS 3.5 Upgrade Installs Desktop 3.1!!!

Post by Ben Star » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 19:56:20

I recently purchased Palm OS 3.5 for my Palm V. When I went to install the
software it tried to install Palm Desktop 3.1. However, I already have
Desktop 4.0 on my computer. If I cancel the install it does not install the
OS upgrade on the Palm. Is there a way to get around this? It seems pretty
stupid to me.

Ben Starr

(Please note my e-mail address has been altered to avoid spammers,
remove "nospam." if you wish to e-mail me)

OS 3.5 Upgrade Installs Desktop 3.1!!!

Post by Jennifer Shelam » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 23:44:29

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:56:20 -0000, "Ben Starr"

>I recently purchased Palm OS 3.5 for my Palm V. When I went to install the
>software it tried to install Palm Desktop 3.1. However, I already have
>Desktop 4.0 on my computer. If I cancel the install it does not install the
>OS upgrade on the Palm. Is there a way to get around this? It seems pretty
>stupid to me.

>Thanks,

>--
>Ben Starr

>(Please note my e-mail address has been altered to avoid spammers,
>remove "nospam." if you wish to e-mail me)

Just let it do its thing, then re-install the 4.0.1 version.

Jennifer
--
PDA Rentals
http://www.pdarentals.com

Post by Valek Ondrej - I » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 01:36:40

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:56:20 -0000, "Ben Starr"

> >I recently purchased Palm OS 3.5 for my Palm V. When I went to install the
> >software it tried to install Palm Desktop 3.1. However, I already have
> >Desktop 4.0 on my computer. If I cancel the install it does not install the
> >OS upgrade on the Palm. Is there a way to get around this? It seems pretty
> >stupid to me.

> >Thanks,

> >--
> >Ben Starr

> >(Please note my e-mail address has been altered to avoid spammers,
> >remove "nospam." if you wish to e-mail me)

> Just let it do its thing, then re-install the 4.0.1 version.

> Jennifer
> --
> PDA Rentals
> http://www.pdarentals.com

Yeah, let it think instead of you! Just like in Office etc.

Post by Ben Star » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:08:15

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:56:20 -0000, "Ben Starr"

> >I recently purchased Palm OS 3.5 for my Palm V. When I went to install
the
> >software it tried to install Palm Desktop 3.1. However, I already have
> >Desktop 4.0 on my computer. If I cancel the install it does not install
the
> >OS upgrade on the Palm. Is there a way to get around this? It seems
pretty
> >stupid to me.

> >Thanks,

> >--
> >Ben Starr

> >(Please note my e-mail address has been altered to avoid spammers,
> >remove "nospam." if you wish to e-mail me)

> Just let it do its thing, then re-install the 4.0.1 version.

> Jennifer
> --
> PDA Rentals
> http://www.pdarentals.com

Thanks for the advice. A bit of a pain but it seemed to work OK.

--
Ben Starr

(Please note my e-mail address has been altered to avoid spammers,
remove "nospam." if you wish to e-mail me)

1. is Palm Desktop 3.1 compatible with other Palm OS versions besides 3.5?

Ok, here's my dilemna.  I have a Palm V with OS 3.3 and Palm Desktop
3.0.1. My wife just bought a Sony Palm Clie which comes with Palm OS
3.5 and Palm Desktop 3.1.

I don't plan on upgrading to Palm OS 3.5, but I would like to upgrade
my Palm Desktop OS to 3.1.  Does anyone know if this is compatible with
other Palm OS versions besides 3.5?

Thanks in advance.

-Derek

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. alias problems with 8.6.8-9, Need Help..

3. Reflash any OS (3.0/3.1/3.3 _AND_ 3.5) in any language

4. Threads and Xlib on Solaris?

5. help upgrading an app from SDK 3.1 to 3.5?

6. Action Names- any experiences

7. Desktop 3.1 installs .prc files?

8. Can't Run Program on other machines

9. Upgraded from OS 3.3 to OS 3.5 DR4 - observations

10. Multimail 3.1 and PalmOS 3.5

11. Launch Em 3.5 .. Slower then 3.1 .. ?!?

12. Desktop upgrade to 3.1

13. HELP: Palm Desktop 3.1 upgrade