Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by Pete » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Some time ago I bought a 3COM leather case for my Palm III, and
attached the supplied velco strip to the back of my Pilot.  I now wish
to remove this, but it's going to leave a sticky mess on the case.

Any suggestions on what to use to remove all the residual glue?!

Thanks in advance
Pete

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Murray Kastn » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Some time ago I bought a 3COM leather case for my Palm III, and
> attached the supplied velco strip to the back of my Pilot.  I now wish
> to remove this, but it's going to leave a sticky mess on the case.

> Any suggestions on what to use to remove all the residual glue?!

I'd try a hair dryer. If the glue is heat-sensitive, and I think it is,
the heat from the blower should make it easy to remove...

--
Best regards,

,\\urray

Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by Jon Marshal » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I've used Windex. Spray it on, let it sit for two minutes and wipe it off.
Use paper towels to prevent it from running.

--
Ridding the world of annoying cartoon mascots . . . [Here pika, pika,
Pikachu . . . SLAM!!]

Quote:> Some time ago I bought a 3COM leather case for my Palm III, and
> attached the supplied velco strip to the back of my Pilot.  I now wish
> to remove this, but it's going to leave a sticky mess on the case.

> Any suggestions on what to use to remove all the residual glue?!

> Thanks in advance
> Pete

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by Ler.. » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Home Depot sell's these lemon based cleaners, they remove all type's of
glue and gunk without harming the surface.  It's in the paint section.
Good luck.

Are you using a difference case?

thanks

> Some time ago I bought a 3COM leather case for my Palm III, and
> attached the supplied velco strip to the back of my Pilot.  I now wish
> to remove this, but it's going to leave a sticky mess on the case.

> Any suggestions on what to use to remove all the residual glue?!

> Thanks in advance
> Pete

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

  Lerner.vcf
< 1K Download

Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by Bill » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Get Brakleen, a brake cleaner at an auto parts store.  I use that stuff for
EVERYTHING!!  Even on clothing, and it never damages a thing.

| Some time ago I bought a 3COM leather case for my Palm III, and
| attached the supplied velco strip to the back of my Pilot.  I now wish
| to remove this, but it's going to leave a sticky mess on the case.
|
| Any suggestions on what to use to remove all the residual glue?!
|
| Thanks in advance
| Pete
|

| Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
| Before you buy.

Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by Pete » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Thanks to everyone for the advice - I'll give it a go over the weekend.

Pete

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by Jud » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Pete,

Here's the secret--well, at least it works for *me* every time.  Peel the
Velcro off the back of your Palm, but do NOT discard it (yet).  Instead, dab
the sticky side of the Velcro strip on the excess adhesive residue, and it
will stick to the Velcro adhesive backing, peeling it up from the Palm's
plastic surface.  Some spots may be a little more stubborn, but a few dabs
will usually take these off, too.

If you're a WriteRight user, this also works if, when you peel the old
WriteRight off, residue is left behind.  Simply take the old WriteRight that
you just peeled off, dab the sticky side on the little bits of adhesive
residue left over, and, voila, they'll come right up off the screen.

There you have it.

Regards,
N. Jude Mansilla III (Jude)
Co-Founder, whatUseek intraSearch

ICQ# 258378
-------
"Give your site its own free site-level search engine"
http://www.whatUseek.com/intraSearch
-------

Quote:> Some time ago I bought a 3COM leather case for my Palm III, and
> attached the supplied velco strip to the back of my Pilot.  I now wish
> to remove this, but it's going to leave a sticky mess on the case.

> Any suggestions on what to use to remove all the residual glue?!

> Thanks in advance
> Pete

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by J. H » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

In article

>> Some time ago I bought a 3COM leather case for my Palm III, and
>> attached the supplied velco strip to the back of my Pilot.  I now wish
>> to remove this, but it's going to leave a sticky mess on the case.

>> Any suggestions on what to use to remove all the residual glue?!

>I'd try a hair dryer. If the glue is heat-sensitive, and I think it is,
>the heat from the blower should make it easy to remove...

I've used regular lighter fluid on Velcro glue on three of my Palms --
including my aluminum Palm V -- and it works perfectly. Drip it on, let it
sit for a few minutes, wipe off, repeat.

-=-Joe

------------

Remove "SPAMFREE" to reply straight to my email address.

Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by Mark » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Try a citrus solvent-- called DeSolv It.  Can be found widely in US stores
(Wal-Mart, etc.).  Leaves a nice clean scent too.  :)  Wipes adhesive right
off-- no soaking necessary.

Mark

> Get Brakleen, a brake cleaner at an auto parts store.  I use that stuff
for
> EVERYTHING!!  Even on clothing, and it never damages a thing.

> | Some time ago I bought a 3COM leather case for my Palm III, and
> | attached the supplied velco strip to the back of my Pilot.  I now wish
> | to remove this, but it's going to leave a sticky mess on the case.
> |
> | Any suggestions on what to use to remove all the residual glue?!
> |
> | Thanks in advance
> | Pete
> |

> | Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> | Before you buy.

Removing velcro pad from back of PIII

Post by Brian Keene » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Also, a citrus based cleaner worked like a charm on my Palm IIIx when i
decided to get rid of my leather case.

Brian K