Graffiti Accuracy and Touch Pad Anomalies?

Graffiti Accuracy and Touch Pad Anomalies?

Post by Gary Green » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I was having a lot of trouble with Graffiti, so I decided to switch
handwriting applications.

 I downloaded JOT.  JOT has a feature that allows you to see the stroke
before it's recognized.  Lo and behold, the stroke I entered and the stroke
sent to the recognition engine were different nearly 5% of the time.  In
particular, the displayed stoke often originated near the upper right corner
of the letter area regardless of the physical stroke origination point.

This false stroke starting point produced 'f' for 'i' and 'c' for 'space'
and 'f' for 'caps' and many other fun letters.  When I used the display
screen for Graffiti entry, all these problems disappeared.  I've no idea how
rare this defect is, but I think it's worthwhile checking the entry pad
before switching handwriting apps.

Gary Greene

Graffiti Accuracy and Touch Pad Anomalies?

Post by Mike Maguir » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Interesting. Where did you d/l JOT?

Mike

> I was having a lot of trouble with Graffiti, so I decided to switch
> handwriting applications.

>  I downloaded JOT.  JOT has a feature that allows you to see the stroke
> before it's recognized.  Lo and behold, the stroke I entered and the stroke
> sent to the recognition engine were different nearly 5% of the time.  In
> particular, the displayed stoke often originated near the upper right corner
> of the letter area regardless of the physical stroke origination point.

> This false stroke starting point produced 'f' for 'i' and 'c' for 'space'
> and 'f' for 'caps' and many other fun letters.  When I used the display
> screen for Graffiti entry, all these problems disappeared.  I've no idea how
> rare this defect is, but I think it's worthwhile checking the entry pad
> before switching handwriting apps.

> Gary Greene

Graffiti Accuracy and Touch Pad Anomalies?

Post by Gary Green » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

http://www.cic.com/
It's a 5 day demo.

Gary

Mike Maguire wrote

Quote:>Interesting. Where did you d/l JOT?

>Mike

Graffiti Accuracy and Touch Pad Anomalies?

Post by Mike Maguir » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, I'll try it.

Mike

> http://www.cic.com/
> It's a 5 day demo.

> Gary

> Mike Maguire wrote

> >Interesting. Where did you d/l JOT?

> >Mike

1. Afterburner ruins your graffiti accuracy?

Hello,
On my IIIxe, overclocking to past 28 mhz ruins my graffiti accuracy,
no doubt.
Anyone else experience this problem and what to do about it?

I am wondering if this will be a problem with all palms, even the 33
mhz models once you overclock by about 10 mhz.  Everything else works
fine when I overclock; just the graffiti is ruined.

Thanks,

2. MSN Mess. 6 Not Signing In But MSN Messenger 5 is!

3. Improve your Graffiti accuracy

4. Coco/r tutorial ?

5. Graffiti Accuracy

6. COMPAQ MOUSE DRIVER FOR MS-DOS

7. Touch-Sensing Pad Problems

8. Bigger fonts with memoir class

9. Touch pad "jitter"

10. Sometimes counter or unresponsive Graffiti pad on IIIc

11. What kind of scotch tape to cover graffiti pad

12. LaunchPad anomaly

13. Weird Hotsync Anomaly