Suppress backup during hotsync?

Post by David Arnste » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:13:25

I sync my Palm Vx to two peecees: one at work, and one at home.  For
privacy reasons, I don't sync all my applications on the work peecee.
In particular, I only sync my address book on my home peecee.

By selecting options in the "custom" menu of the HotSync Manager, I
mostly get what I want: the address book data is not synced, and if I
launch the Palm Desktop application, the address book is empty.

But I really haven't achieved privacy.  If I look inside the "Backup"
directory on the work peecee, it is full of data files that I consider
private.  For example, several files with names of the form
"Address*.pdb.

Can I alter the operation of HotSync Manager so that it does not back
up certain files?  On the work peecee only.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
--
David Arnstein

Suppress backup during hotsync?

Post by dr. emailposte » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 10:53:21

Change "SYSTEM" to do nothing...

> I sync my Palm Vx to two peecees: one at work, and one at home.  For
> privacy reasons, I don't sync all my applications on the work peecee.
> In particular, I only sync my address book on my home peecee.

> By selecting options in the "custom" menu of the HotSync Manager, I
> mostly get what I want: the address book data is not synced, and if I
> launch the Palm Desktop application, the address book is empty.

> But I really haven't achieved privacy.  If I look inside the "Backup"
> directory on the work peecee, it is full of data files that I consider
> private.  For example, several files with names of the form
> "Address*.pdb.

> Can I alter the operation of HotSync Manager so that it does not back
> up certain files?  On the work peecee only.

> Thanks in advance for any ideas!
> --
> David Arnstein

1. Backup Buddy hangs during backups

Hi to all

I have downloaded and registered BackupBuddy.

I think the programme is pretty good- I mean, it does what it says on
the tin, BUT......

About every 3rd or 4th backup, it will hang during the process. ie.
The yellow bar on the progress meter gets a certain distance across
and then just stops. All I can do is "Alt, crtl del" to exit the
programme and try again. It's as if it get stuck on certain files- and
these can vary as to which makes it hang when backing up.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Details:
Palm M515
Synched at home and work
Home: Windows ME
Small amount of 3rd party s/ware on the Palm: Quicken, Splash ID,
Chess Tiger, Convertor, Palm Reader, Avantgo, Silverscreen.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian

2. Datalist ItemDataBound

3. Disable backup during Hotsync?

4. AS/400 prices?

5. Backup SD-Card during Hotsync ?

6. Motorola MPC505

7. Backup SD card contents during HotSync?

8. How to Delete Items in Calendar?

9. Backup sync. failed during HotSync

10. palm pilot stops responding during backup

11. HotSync manager crashes during memo file

12. Saving Data on Palm During First Hotsync to Palm Desktop 4.0

13. HELP: In what order are items backed up during HotSync?