Palm Doc reader for Windows/Linux?

Post by Robotech_Mast » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I was just wondering...is there a Palm Doc file reader for the Windows
or Linux OSes?  I'm considering ordering a book in Doc format from
Online Originals, but I don't actually have my Palm yet, and it'd be
nice to be able to read it on the desktop without the PDA.

Thanks...
--
Chris Meadows aka  | Co-moderator, rec.toys.transformers.moderated
Robotech_Master    | Homepage: <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~robotech/>

Palm Doc reader for Windows/Linux?

Post by Ari112 » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Youre in luck. I just wrote a little program called Easy DOCViewer for Win98.
You can get it from PalmGear.com
Just do a search for it, if you have any trouble finding it, let me know.

Aaron

Palm Doc reader for Windows/Linux?

Post by Christopher Wo » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I was just wondering...is there a Palm Doc file reader for the Windows
>or Linux OSes?  I'm considering ordering a book in Doc format from
>Online Originals, but I don't actually have my Palm yet, and it'd be
>nice to be able to read it on the desktop without the PDA.

You can try my Doc Reader for Java at:

        http://world.std.com/~cwong/doc/reader/index.html

You need Java 1.1 or better, but this means it will work on many
platforms. I tested this on Linux, Win95 and OS/2. It will read Doc
files of any length. It has searching, bookmarking and it remembers your
last read location.

Chris

Palm Doc reader for Windows/Linux?

Post by Christopher Wo » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>>I was just wondering...is there a Palm Doc file reader for the Windows
>>or Linux OSes?  I'm considering ordering a book in Doc format from
>>Online Originals, but I don't actually have my Palm yet, and it'd be
>>nice to be able to read it on the desktop without the PDA.

>You can try my Doc Reader for Java at:

>    http://world.std.com/~cwong/doc/reader/index.html

>You need Java 1.1 or better, but this means it will work on many
>platforms. I tested this on Linux, Win95 and OS/2. It will read Doc
>files of any length. It has searching, bookmarking and it remembers your
>last read location.

Oops. That should have been:

        http://world.std.com/~cwong/reader/index.html

Sorry.

Chris

1. Anyone know of a PalmOS based doc reader for Microsoft Reader format?

I recently ran across an announcement by Scholastic Services regarding
the publication of an ebook for middle school readers - of which I have
at least one.

I'm certainly NOT going to run out to buy a Pocket PC , so I was wondering
whether there were any apps out there for reading said docs.
"See, he's not just anyone ... he's my son."  Mark Schultz

2. Is Money95 (not 97 or 98) compatable with IE4?

3. Limited Doc. to read on Doc. Readers????

4. SIRS2000 3rd ANNOUNCEMENT AND CFP

5. Doc reader with Doc beam function?

6. AMAZING TIPS AND TRICKS

7. Aportis DOC Reader: Can't Access All DOCs?!

8. Help! Canon 620

9. PC Magazine: Readers simply prefer Palm OS-based PDAs over others (Pocket PC, EPOC, Linux)

10. palm doc format on linux

11. Dual platform (Windows/Linux) Palm Desktop

12. Linux text to Palm doc program

13. ZLauncher: iSilo and Palm Reader docs