Screen flicker on IIIx after upgrade from 3.1 to 3.3

Screen flicker on IIIx after upgrade from 3.1 to 3.3

Post by Phil Harri » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I just upgraded my Palm IIIx from PalmOS 3.1 to 3.3.
No problems encountered during the upgrade process.

Now my Palm exhibits really bad screen flicker at all times. This makes
working with the unit very difficult. The unit showed no flicker under
PalmOS 3.1.

Are there any known fixes for this behavior or do I need to revert to PalmOS
3.1?

I have searched the newsgroups and www.palm.com with no success.

Cheers,
Phil.

Post by Andreas Stelte » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>I just upgraded my Palm IIIx from PalmOS 3.1 to 3.3.
>No problems encountered during the upgrade process.

>Now my Palm exhibits really bad screen flicker at all times. This makes
>working with the unit very difficult. The unit showed no flicker under
>PalmOS 3.1.

>Are there any known fixes for this behavior or do I need to revert to PalmOS
>3.1?

In OS3.3 Palm changed the display refresh rate to reduce "streaking".
You can try NoStreak hack to change the refresh rate back:
http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~harbaum/pilot/nostreak.html

A.St.
--
Andreas Stelter   **  http://www.astelter.de