Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Doug Griffith » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Which is best and why IYO

DG
NZ

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Steve » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Both fine products, although IMHO BugMe has been eclipsed by Diddlebug in
recent weeks.

BugMe advantages...

(1) With BugMe you can use the add-on "Pop Me" product, which lets you enter
a bugme note if you're in the middle of some other application, then return
to that other application exactly where you left off.

(2) BugMe supports categories.

(3) BugMe supports private records.

(4) you can have "thumbnail" images

(5) under absolute time settings, you can set a time that's not only in five
minute increments (i.e. 1:33 PM).   (maybe it can be done in DiddleBug by
fiddling with custom time set, but it's messy to do)

DiddleBug advantages...

(1) It's free

(2) Intelliboogers... gives you a text edit area of the screen where you can
transcribe the contents of the screen into standard text via graffiti, then
export to memo, datebook, todo, address and many other third party
applications.  Export modules support date and time if the target
application supports dated and/or timed records.   Some export modules (for
target programs that support graphics/drawing) support exporting the
scribbled image itself.

(3) Diddlebug capture hack... lets you take any screen you see from almost
any application, and automatically create a Diddlebug entry out of it

(4) "create new reminder" hardkey shortcut does *not* create new reminders
if it doesn't need to (i.e. if the current screen is already a blank
reminder waiting for input)

(5) Diddlbug repeat options include BiWeekly.

(6) Diddlebug gives you a menu of drawing tools (circle, square, oval etc)
including filled and XOR options

(7) Diddlebug gives you a lightning quick date/time stamp of any diddle
drawing... just drag the stylus up from the alarm set area (it can be done
in BugMe by tapping where you want the stamp and writing the "shortcut-dts"
combination)

BugMe is a great stand-alone quick note application.  However, Diddlebug's
ability to export to other applications gives it a huge advantage, in my
opinion, and for the way I use these apps.

Regards
Steve
"Intellibooger" is copyright  "Mucus-soft" corporation (he he he)

>Which is best and why IYO

>DG
>NZ

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by pda_u.. » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Both fine products, although IMHO BugMe has been eclipsed by
Diddlebug in
> recent weeks.

$12 for bugme is way too much. I use the Diddlebug just because it is
free and it is way cooler.

> BugMe advantages...

> (1) With BugMe you can use the add-on "Pop Me" product, which lets
you enter
> a bugme note if you're in the middle of some other application, then
return
> to that other application exactly where you left off.

> (2) BugMe supports categories.

> (3) BugMe supports private records.

> (4) you can have "thumbnail" images

> (5) under absolute time settings, you can set a time that's not only
in five
> minute increments (i.e. 1:33 PM).   (maybe it can be done in
DiddleBug by
> fiddling with custom time set, but it's messy to do)

> DiddleBug advantages...

> (1) It's free

> (2) Intelliboogers... gives you a text edit area of the screen where
you can
> transcribe the contents of the screen into standard text via
graffiti, then
> export to memo, datebook, todo, address and many other third party
> applications.  Export modules support date and time if the target
> application supports dated and/or timed records.   Some export
modules (for
> target programs that support graphics/drawing) support exporting the
> scribbled image itself.

> (3) Diddlebug capture hack... lets you take any screen you see from
almost
> any application, and automatically create a Diddlebug entry out of it

> (4) "create new reminder" hardkey shortcut does *not* create new
reminders
> if it doesn't need to (i.e. if the current screen is already a blank
> reminder waiting for input)

> (5) Diddlbug repeat options include BiWeekly.

> (6) Diddlebug gives you a menu of drawing tools (circle, square, oval
etc)
> including filled and XOR options

> (7) Diddlebug gives you a lightning quick date/time stamp of any
diddle
> drawing... just drag the stylus up from the alarm set area (it can be
done
> in BugMe by tapping where you want the stamp and writing the
"shortcut-dts"
> combination)

> BugMe is a great stand-alone quick note application.  However,
Diddlebug's
> ability to export to other applications gives it a huge advantage, in
my
> opinion, and for the way I use these apps.

> Regards
> Steve
> "Intellibooger" is copyright  "Mucus-soft" corporation (he he he)

> >Which is best and why IYO

> >DG
> >NZ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Bob Pa » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I erased my paid for and registered copy of BugMe in favor of
Diddlebug--BugMe is good but Diddlebug went many steps ahead: the
intellibooger is cool.

Bob

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:48:34 +1200, Doug Griffiths

>Which is best and why IYO

>DG
>NZ

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Observe » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:48:34 +1200, Doug Griffiths

>Which is best and why IYO

IMHO DiddleBug boogers BugMe!

Observer

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Ran Bart » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I erased my paid for and registered copy of BugMe in favor of
> Diddlebug--BugMe is good but Diddlebug went many steps ahead: the
> intellibooger is cool.

> Bob

Yeah, what he said.

-Ran

--
Ran Barton [to reply, please remove the x's]

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Ulrich Kuestne » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

How does this capture hack  work? I have not found it yet.

Steve T schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:>(3) Diddlebug capture hack... lets you take any screen you see from almost
>any application, and automatically create a Diddlebug entry out of it

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Mitch Blevi » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi Ulrich,

If you wait another day, I will have a released version with instructions.
If you want to try it out beforehand, you can get it at
http://blevins.simplenet.com/diddlebug/dbscHack.prc

Look at the Preferences dialog from within HackMaster for a good idea
of how it works.

-Mitch

> How does this capture hack  work? I have not found it yet.

> Steve T schrieb in Nachricht

> >(3) Diddlebug capture hack... lets you take any screen you see from almost
> >any application, and automatically create a Diddlebug entry out of it

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Ulrich Kuestne » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Mitch. Awesomely fast answer.
And thank you for DibbleBug - it is wonderful - it is exactly what I have
been missing on my Palm.

Ulrich

Mitch Blevins schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:>Hi Ulrich,

>If you wait another day, I will have a released version with instructions.
>If you want to try it out beforehand, you can get it at
>http://blevins.simplenet.com/diddlebug/dbscHack.prc

>Look at the Preferences dialog from within HackMaster for a good idea
>of how it works.

>-Mitch

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by PalmV Gu » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I am evaluating Backdrop EZ v1.1

I noticed that whenever I "diddlesnap" my screen when I have a
background enabled, the screen pops up in DiddleBug all messed up.  (The
only part that captures is the top left 1/4 of the screen, it becomes
the whole image, VERY large and pixelated.)  Why is this, and if it's a
program/OS limitation, will anything be done in upcoming versions to
prevent this?

/PalmV Guy

> Hi Ulrich,

> If you wait another day, I will have a released version with instructions.
> If you want to try it out beforehand, you can get it at
> http://blevins.simplenet.com/diddlebug/dbscHack.prc

> Look at the Preferences dialog from within HackMaster for a good idea
> of how it works.

> -Mitch

> > How does this capture hack  work? I have not found it yet.

> > Steve T schrieb in Nachricht

> > >(3) Diddlebug capture hack... lets you take any screen you see from almost
> > >any application, and automatically create a Diddlebug entry out of it

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by Mitch Blevi » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I am evaluating Backdrop EZ v1.1

> I noticed that whenever I "diddlesnap" my screen when I have a
> background enabled, the screen pops up in DiddleBug all messed up.  (The
> only part that captures is the top left 1/4 of the screen, it becomes
> the whole image, VERY large and pixelated.)  Why is this, and if it's a
> program/OS limitation, will anything be done in upcoming versions to
> prevent this?

DiddleSnap is not currently handling 4-bit (8 or 16 level grayscale)
screens correctly.  I will investigate this to see if it can be fixed.
I don't think the problem is with BackDropEZ, other than the fact
that BackDropEZ forces all your apps to work in 4-bit mode. (which
is usually rare).  You can duplicate this problem by snapping a 16-level
picture in ImageViewer.

-Mitch

Diddlebug Vs Bugme

Post by V » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Hi Ulrich,

> If you wait another day, I will have a released version with instructions.
> If you want to try it out beforehand, you can get it at
> http://blevins.simplenet.com/diddlebug/dbscHack.prc
> -Mitch

Has Handspring had the foresight to give this man a Visor yet? Whether for
development, evaluation or just as outright reward for his contribution...
(Hey Kenny - give him one of yours ;-)

Thanks again, Mitch!

--
There are five things that go into each note:
soul, heart, mind, body and cojones.