Palm Dream Case

Post by Paul Tot » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I envision a black case, leather which holds my Palm IIIe without Velcro,
and allow all the feature buttons to be used.  It will hold a stylus next to
the palm and 2 extra batteries.  This case will also hold a standard size
checkbook, numerous business and ID cards (Preferably in plastic so they can
be accessed without long searches)  It will also contain a note pad and spot
for a pencil and pen.  Some additional sheets such as nationwide area codes,
universal measurements... would be nice.  I don't want to take up the space
on my palm.

Any Suggestions?

Paul Toth

Palm Dream Case

Post by SpinDocto » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I envision a black case, leather which holds my Palm IIIe without Velcro,
> and allow all the feature buttons to be used.  It will hold a stylus next
> the palm and 2 extra batteries.  This case will also hold a standard size
> checkbook, numerous business and ID cards (Preferably in plastic so they
can
> be accessed without long searches)  It will also contain a note pad and
spot
> for a pencil and pen.  Some additional sheets such as nationwide area
codes,
> universal measurements... would be nice.  I don't want to take up the
space
> on my palm.

Try PDA-Pak http://www.palmlife.com  A very inexpensive solution and comes
in a variety of colors.  They have 2 sizes.  One that holds the Palm snuggly
and a bigger one that would meet your requirements.

Eddie

Palm Dream Case

Post by xxxxx » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I envision a black case, leather which holds my Palm IIIe without Velcro,
> and allow all the feature buttons to be used.  It will hold a stylus next
> the palm and 2 extra batteries.  This case will also hold a standard size
> checkbook, numerous business and ID cards (Preferably in plastic so they
can
> be accessed without long searches)  It will also contain a note pad and
spot
> for a pencil and pen.  Some additional sheets such as nationwide area
codes,
> universal measurements... would be nice.  I don't want to take up the
space
> on my palm.

> Any Suggestions?

> Paul Toth

I own and highly recommend the Coach case (www.palm.com, part number 10144U)
At $110, it is pricey, but....

If you've ever owned anything by coach, you know the quality/guarantee/style
is second to none. It is way better than Dooney & Bourke, and anything else
I've owned. And, if you know someone who works with coach or one of their
affiliates, you can get it for 40% off--

You won't ever want another organizer if you get this one. It is well worht
the money, hands down. spend the extra, and you'll be happy to own the best!

Just MHO

Sniper

Palm Dream Case

Post by Curtis Frankli » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You might want to check out the cases sold by Levengers. They've got
room for the things you mention, and the leather goods I've bought from
Levengers have been high-quality. Their web site is www.levengers.com.

Curt

Palm Dream Case

Post by Some guy named Paul Zorovi » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

xxxxxx to city:  DROP DEAD!

Quote:>I own and highly recommend the Coach case (www.palm.com, part number 10144U)
>At $110, it is pricey, but....

>If you've ever owned anything by coach, you know the quality/guarantee/style
>is second to none. It is way better than Dooney & Bourke, and anything else
>I've owned. And, if you know someone who works with coach or one of their
>affiliates, you can get it for 40% off--

Funny...  My ex-girlfriend gave me the Palm III zip-around case for
Christmas and I really don't like it as much as the 3Com slim leather
case.  (And I'm the king of small Coach goods, too!)  The leather
isn't AT ALL what  I was expecting.  If it was the water buffalo
leather they use for wallets, that would be great, but this soft stuff
is crap.  Plus the IIIx doesn't even fit well.

This is NOT the reason she's my ex-girlfriend, BTW.

Palm Dream Case

Post by sli.. » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:38:54 -0500, "Paul Toth"

>I envision a black case, leather which holds my Palm IIIe without Velcro,
>and allow all the feature buttons to be used.  It will hold a stylus next to
>the palm and 2 extra batteries.  This case will also hold a standard size
>checkbook, numerous business and ID cards (Preferably in plastic so they can
>be accessed without long searches)  It will also contain a note pad and spot
>for a pencil and pen.  Some additional sheets such as nationwide area codes,
>universal measurements... would be nice.  I don't want to take up the space
>on my palm.

>Any Suggestions?

>Paul Toth

Yup, get a Palm Vx with the hard case.  You'll be able to slip it into
your front pocket and hardly notice it!  Plus with the Palm Vx you
won't need to store the 2 extra batteries.

Don't use a checkbook... a Visa card is much smaller and slips right
into your wallet.

For the notepad, you can just take a few small pieces of paper (like
post-it note size without the sticky part) and put it behind the Palm
Pilot in the Palm case.  Use the Palm dual stylus and you always have
a pen handy and it doesn't take any room.  Also, have a program like
Diddlebug on your Palm in case you want to jot notes that way.

The area codes and measurements are perfect to store on the Palm.  If
you have a Vx you'll have plenty of room.

--- slinky ---

Palm Dream Case

Post by xxxxx » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> xxxxxx to city:  DROP DEAD!

> >I own and highly recommend the Coach case (www.palm.com, part number
10144U)
> >At $110, it is pricey, but....

> >If you've ever owned anything by coach, you know the

quality/guarantee/style

Quote:> >is second to none. It is way better than Dooney & Bourke, and anything
else
> >I've owned. And, if you know someone who works with coach or one of their
> >affiliates, you can get it for 40% off--

> Funny...  My ex-girlfriend gave me the Palm III zip-around case for
> Christmas and I really don't like it as much as the 3Com slim leather
> case.  (And I'm the king of small Coach goods, too!)  The leather
> isn't AT ALL what  I was expecting.  If it was the water buffalo
> leather they use for wallets, that would be great, but this soft stuff
> is crap.  Plus the IIIx doesn't even fit well.

> This is NOT the reason she's my ex-girlfriend, BTW.

I like the 'soft' leather. I tend to be a bit more worried, but it is nice.
And I like the extra storage room I get with the case too....Checkbook,
notepad, credit cards, _full_ size stylus and pen, etc.

To each his own, I guess. I suppose the more durable leather would be ice
for some.....

:)

1. MY Dream Palm! KeepItSimple

Anybody else wish that Palm would realize that sometimes the KISS rule
really does work?

I'm perfectly fine that some people, possibly the majority, are happy
with, even needful of, all the bells and whistles that are slathered
all over PDAs these days, but doesn't Palm realize there is a happy
medium somewhere in between?

Even with their Zire model, Palm went from bare bones basic, to "Holy
shit, what CAN'T I do with this?" with nothing in between.

Yes, that's an exaggeration, but the point stands.

I'm in a position in which I cannot have a camera on my PDA. I can't
have Bluetooth, I can't have WiFi, I can't have voice recording, I
can't have MP3 playback.  Because of this, I, and others who don't
want/need bells and whistles, are left out in the cold.

I have a M505.  I love it, but feel cheated that I can't take
advantage of some of the advances made by Palm because they couple
them with things that preclude me from owning the newer Palms.

That said, here is My Dream Palm (tm)

M505 Body
SD/MMC
128MB RAM (Heck, I'd be happy with 64)
320x320 Color Screen
OS5 (which entails the new processor)
Good old fashioned Graffiti

That's it.  No sliding hidden graffiti area, no 5-way navigation
button, (well, okay, that might be nice) no jog dial, no built-in
thumbboard, just a basic, yet powerful PDA. A *PDA*, not a recording
studio, not a portrait studio, not a cell phone, a PD*Assistant*.

How come it's so hard for Palm to understand that there might just be
a market for such a beast out here?

Anybody else feel the same?

--
Mitch
"While I am new to these things, I cannot help wondering whether it

2. Microsoft Print Agent for Netware

3. Dream Palm Pilot

4. Chinese/Korean editing

5. Finding Palm Accessories in Australia -- dream on!

6. ANN: Classic Solitaire 1.2

7. Palm Service Dream

8. Pseudorandom Bitstreams

9. Dream Jobs @ Palm

10. Rio/Palm V Dream Machine

11. Dream calendar week view using cliƩs hi res

12. ANN: CASLsoft Kicks Off "Live the Dream" Campaign

13. PdS 115th dream was: Future of pdas