FlashPro

Post by Phil » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Where can one download "freely" (ie illegally) FlashPro 1.05?

Thanks...

--
Philo

FlashPro

Post by Robert Why » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:53:32 -0400, "Philo"

> Where can one download "freely" (ie illegally) FlashPro 1.05?

You can't.

You should also know that several employees of TRG (the company that
created FlashPro) lurk or post on this group, so advertising your
attempted theft of their property here probably isn't all that smart.

If you need the extra memory, pay the price. If you can't afford it,
do without it.

Robert Whyte

FlashPro

Post by To » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:53:32 -0400, "Philo"

>Where can one download "freely" (ie illegally) FlashPro 1.05?

Nowhere, I hope.

-- Tom

FlashPro

Post by Ashley Sterlan » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello

I have seen FlashPro advertised for the Palm V.  Correct me if am wrong but
does it allow you to back up data into your flash area.

How does it work.  Anyone using it!

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Ashley Sterland

FlashPro

Post by Steve Lion » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:21:35 +0100, "Ashley Sterland"

>I have seen FlashPro advertised for the Palm V.  Correct me if am wrong but
>does it allow you to back up data into your flash area.

>How does it work.  Anyone using it!

It works fine.  Yes, you can back up data into flash RAM if you wish,
but you can't MOVE datasets into flash or else your applications which
try to update them will fail.  But it's good to keep a copy of, say,
your address book in flash RAM so you can easily restore it if need
be.

Steve Lionel

FlashPro

Post by kdk » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

download Flashpack.  It is a free app that backs up the 4 standard palm apps
in to Flash.
Tip:  you need to have at least 100K of Flash open.  Flashpack backup the
new data before clearing out the old so, if you don't have open Flash you
get an error.
Flashpack can be downloaded at most of the usual places.  pilotzone,
palmcentral, maybe even TRG's site (I cant remember)

> Hello

> I have seen FlashPro advertised for the Palm V.  Correct me if am wrong
but
> does it allow you to back up data into your flash area.

> How does it work.  Anyone using it!

> I would appreciate some help.

> Thanks

> Ashley Sterland

FlashPro

Post by scaudil » Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:00:00

If you are using FlashPro and Action Names and have AN in your flash does
this mean that your address will be saved if you have a problem. If not how
can you save your addresses? When I go to Flash Pro it does not show
addresses as a separate entry.

Thanks
Steve

>On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:21:35 +0100, "Ashley Sterland"

>>I have seen FlashPro advertised for the Palm V.  Correct me if am wrong
but
>>does it allow you to back up data into your flash area.

>>How does it work.  Anyone using it!

>It works fine.  Yes, you can back up data into flash RAM if you wish,
>but you can't MOVE datasets into flash or else your applications which
>try to update them will fail.  But it's good to keep a copy of, say,
>your address book in flash RAM so you can easily restore it if need
>be.

>Steve Lionel

FlashPro

You can save your addresses by copying AddressDB to your Flash on a regular
basis.  There is a freeware product (FlashPack) that will automate this for
you, and can be found at www.palmgear.com

FlashPro can display the built-in App databases if you go to Menu --
Preferences -- and uncheck the second option.

Regards
Steve