Palm Service Dream

Post by Galan » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 10:56:35

I am so accustomed to the trauma of dealing with hardware and software
manufacturers that I am still not certain whether I am dreaming. My Palm 500
suddenly refused to synch for no apparent reason after working perfectly for
3 months.

Shock # 1. I called Palm and got to speak to a human in less than one
minute. The human (Marc) talked me through some tests and a reinstall for
about 20 minutes and concluded that something was wrong with the unit.

Shock #2. A new unit arrived on my desk in 48 hours after I sent back the
defective one.

I feel guilty about the petty complaints I had about the new Palms after an
experience like this. (But the squishy cradle contact still bugs me)

Palm Service Dream

Post by Ben Steev » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:06:02

All my dealings with Palm service have been like this -- painless.  I've worked
with them in both Canada and the States and they've been a class act all the
way.  I'm a bit miffed at their new per-incident telephone tech support, but
if the get more clued TSRs, then I won't complain too much.  I'm also not
crazy about the $25 "handling fee" for advance replacements, but at least
they've tightened the schedule for standard exchanges...

--

"Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat."
                        -- Anonymous

1. EFIG: Not just bad service...NO service!

From what I've heard, they shut down for the week to fine tune the
production process.

I also believe that had to setup an auto-responder to the sales email
address because of extreme overloads, and a huge mail backlog.

I wouldn't go flaming them because of bad email luck, I'd call them
instead and talk to someone there... you'll see that they're not bad
guys at all.

Arlo Rose

2. PR: Scitex Prepress Innovations

3. MY Dream Palm! KeepItSimple

4. Software or hardware problem?

5. Dream Palm Pilot

6. connect a Palm III to Win 3.1 or DOS???

7. Dream Jobs @ Palm

8. Apple II support

9. Palm Dream Case

10. Finding Palm Accessories in Australia -- dream on!

11. Rio/Palm V Dream Machine

12. Dream calendar week view using cliƩs hi res

13. ANN: CASLsoft Kicks Off "Live the Dream" Campaign