Broken glass on my Palm IIIxe. :-((

Post by David Bilenke » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know if it's possible to fix or what it might cost to get the
glass on my IIIxe fixed? It slipped out of my hands yesterday when I was
jostled by someone, it hit the ground and there's a big crack diagonally
across the screen. The LCD still works, but the touch screen doesn't
function. So it's basically useless at the moment.

TIA,

David
--
David Bilenkey

Broken glass on my Palm IIIxe. :-((

Post by One » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

http://www.gethightech.com/

You can get one here

Post by Eddie Butche » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Anyone know if it's possible to fix or what it might cost to get the
> glass on my IIIxe fixed? It slipped out of my hands yesterday when I was

As your IIIxe is relatively new I'd recommend getting in touch with Palm.
They will charge around $100 for a new (reconditioned) IIIXe to replace
your broken one.

--
Eddie
Remove XXX to reply by e-mail

1. Broke my IIIxe's digitizer/glass --- now what!?!?

I dropped my IIIxe, the glass cracked, and I touchscreen wont respond,
besides the menu button... It's not Summer yet, so the OS5 machines
aren't out... I wont want to spend $500 anyhow... What should I do? I
have a Palm Keyboard/MemorySafe/modem/extra cables... which I'd rather
not throw away... unless there's a great deal otherwise... Should I
spend the $100 to replace the screen/digitizer? Is there a much
cheaper way of replacing it?
Should I buy a used one in the mean time, and then wait for the
summer?
Some of the Sony's look good --- but then my hardware is thrown out...
The m130 looks good, and in a decent price range... but I don't like
the small screen and no flash ROM.... Suggestions?

2. Question?

3. Broke the glass in my Palm

4. Telecom Update (Canada) #300, September 17, 2001

5. Cheaper way to replace a broken glass of Palm Pilot

6. (Pointer to FAQ) Portable GUI Development Kits

7. Broken display glass

8. s-kickstart

9. broken glass

10. Broke the glass on my Pro, is there a DIY way to fix it

11. Broken glass of my PalmV

12. Broken screen: why glass?

13. P. 3x dropped broken glass, can read, can't write.