One-Touch Mail

Post by Ben Star » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I made the (perhaps unwise) decision to purchase One-Touch Mail from
JP-Systems (www.jpsystems.com) as my POP e-mail client. However, it
currently has no support for synching with Outlook or anything for that
matter. The trouble is that I like to keep all my sent message and I write
quite a lot so the sent folder is getting rather full. Ideally I would like
to be able to archive these in Outlook. Has anyone come up with a solution
for this? On the website FAQ for the product it says that version 2.0 will
support synching but there is no indication of when this will be available
(the last version is dated 1998). I was thinking of writing a program to
parse the backup PDB file which seems to contain all the e-mails but the
format is rather confusing!

Thanks,

Ben Starr

(Please note my e-mail address has been altered to avoid spammers,
remove "nospam." if you wish to e-mail me)

One-Touch Mail

Post by Ben Star » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Yeah, could do but I kind of want it to be in my sent items folder (I could
just move it there but it wouldn't be a *proper* sent item would it). Also,
One-Touch Mail doesn't support Bcc only Cc!

Ben Starr

(Please note my e-mail address has been altered to avoid spammers,
remove "nospam." if you wish to e-mail me)

One-Touch Mail

Post by Ben Star » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> It may not help you much, but I use a similar system with my Palm,
> although I use the built in mail program, and perform my exchanges
> with either TG Postman or Papi-Mail. I CC or BCC the mails to my
> desktop account from my Palm, and I have my desktop client configured
> so that incoming mails from my address are automatically moved into my
> sent mail folder. A graffiti shortcut of "cc" expands to my email
> address. :-)

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. It sucks a bit that One-Touch doesn't
support Bcc. Maybe version 2... *when* it comes out!