Screen Enhancements

Post by GingerHO » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone have any first hand experience with screen enhancements, such as
wright rights? I am considering purchasing a pack of Wright Rights, but they
are somewhat expensive for something that seems to be a gimmick. Are they worth
it? How about Karma Cloths?

Any replies appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan Abrams

Screen Enhancements

Post by Stev » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Does anyone have any first hand experience with screen enhancements, such as
>wright rights? I am considering purchasing a pack of Wright Rights, but they
>are somewhat expensive for something that seems to be a gimmick. Are they worth
>it? How about Karma Cloths?

>Any replies appreciated.

>Thanks,

>Ryan Abrams

Ryan:

I am sure that you will get a lot of responses from this newsgroup
regarding our products.  However, I should let you know that we do offer a
100% money-back guarantee should you find that your are unhappy with our
product.  Therefore there is no fear of having to get "stuck" with a
product that you are unhappy with.

Should you have any questions, please visit our web site for additional
information or to place an order.

--
Hope this helps,
The Listener

Screen Enhancements

Post by Mark Creer » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have had my PP III for about 3 weeks.  I was very phobic about the screen.

I purchased a set of WriteRights ($30 for 12).  They are expensive, but they
look they they will protect the screen pretty well.

They cut down quit a bit on the glare, although they darken things a bit.
The stylus seems to track pretty well on it.
Overall I am pleased.

I tried 3M 811 tape on the grafitti area but didn't like the look.

good luck

mac

Post by Bryan Wa » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Does anyone have any first hand experience with screen enhancements, such as
>wright rights? I am considering purchasing a pack of Wright Rights, but they
>are somewhat expensive for something that seems to be a gimmick. Are they worth
>it? How about Karma Cloths?

I have found the writeright screen protectors to be good, but they are

before I got one on properly.

If you wish to reply through email, please remove
the REMOVETHIS from the beginning of my address
after you hit reply. It is there to throw off
junk mail programs.

Screen Enhancements

Post by Craig Patchet » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone have any first hand experience with screen enhancements, such
as
>wright rights? I am considering purchasing a pack of Wright Rights, but
they
>are somewhat expensive for something that seems to be a gimmick. Are they
worth
>it? How about Karma Cloths?

It's my personal opinion that Wright Rights are a tremendous waste of money.
I use Scotch 811 tape (in a blue box) and am extremely happy with it. You
need to take a little time to cut it to size and tuck it under the edges of
the Grafitti area in order for it to look profesional, but once you do it
lasts for months and feels like you're writing on paper.

As for Karma Cloths, I use a lens cleaning cloth you can purchase at any
camera store. Cheap and effective.

Craig

P.S. Wright Rights and Karma Cloths work as advertised from what I've heard,
so I'm not dissing the quality of these products. I just think they're
overpriced considering the alternatives.

Screen Enhancements

Post by Tom Park » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Does anyone have any first hand experience with screen enhancements, such as
>wright rights? I am considering purchasing a pack of Wright Rights, but they
>are somewhat expensive for something that seems to be a gimmick. Are they worth
>it? How about Karma Cloths?

WriteRights aren't worth it.  They're a pain in the *to apply and if
you don't do it just right you get an inferior display.

Karma Cloths are nothing more than small scraps of brightly colored
chamois cut into odd shapes.  You can get the same thing at an auto
parts store for a lot better unit cost.

--
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in
 human history--with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Screen Enhancements

Post by Shaughan Lavin » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I've had good luck using a piece of overhead projector transparency as a
screen protector. Cut it about 3/8" larger than the screen and taper it at
one corner so you can get it on.

Shaughan

Shaughan Lavine
Department of Philosophy
The University of Arizona
Post Office Box 210027
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0027
(520) 621-9145 office
(520) 621-3120 department
(520) 621-9559 department fax

Only an animal can bray;
ergo Socrates is an animal, if he can bray.

But any animal, if he can bray, is a donkey.
Ergo, Socrates is a donkey.

--Geach, p. 143, Reference and Generality, 3rd ed, Cornell U.P., 1980.

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not
be taken as a position, opinion, or endor*t of the University of
Arizona.