Best DB to sync from ODBC to Palm?

Post by mbour.. » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm looking at creating an application that would synchronize part of a
massive (15 meg) Database (on Sybase SQLAnywhere that's synchronizing to
our main server here) to a Pilot such as the Visor.  Of the
enterprise-quality programs, what would people recommend?  I'd like to
roll this out to several dozen people, eventually.

I'm going to look at
Sybase Anywhere
Oracle 8i Lite
IBM DB2 Everywhere

are there any others?  Anything I should be aware of?  I've heard
nothing about sybase, 2 bad things about oracle (no SQL?!), and 1 good
comment on DB2.  Many thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Best DB to sync from ODBC to Palm?

Post by mbour.. » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

(sorry, same message but a correct email address. argh)

I'm looking at creating an application that would synchronize part of a
massive (15 meg) Database (on Sybase SQLAnywhere that's synchronizing to
our main server here) to a Pilot such as the Visor.  Of the
enterprise-quality programs, what would people recommend?  I'd like to
roll this out to several dozen people, eventually.

I'm going to look at
Sybase Anywhere
Oracle 8i Lite
IBM DB2 Everywhere

are there any others?  Anything I should be aware of?  I've heard
nothing about sybase, 2 bad things about oracle (no SQL?!), and 1 good
comment on DB2.  Many thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Best DB to sync from ODBC to Palm?

Post by REMOVEd.. » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Currently I am using MobileDB Lite and the desktop software it comes
with to install our calibration database on my palm.  I've written
some querys (could probably be done w/ SQL) in MS Access that use ODBC
through a SQLAnywhere connection to access our Sybase database.  The
data is then stored in a CSV file that is easily imported into
MobileDB.  It works well for a copy of the database, but syncing would
be more of a challenge!

>(sorry, same message but a correct email address. argh)

>I'm looking at creating an application that would synchronize part of a
>massive (15 meg) Database (on Sybase SQLAnywhere that's synchronizing to
>our main server here) to a Pilot such as the Visor.  Of the
>enterprise-quality programs, what would people recommend?  I'd like to
>roll this out to several dozen people, eventually.

>I'm going to look at
>Sybase Anywhere
>Oracle 8i Lite
>IBM DB2 Everywhere

>are there any others?  Anything I should be aware of?  I've heard
>nothing about sybase, 2 bad things about oracle (no SQL?!), and 1 good
>comment on DB2.  Many thanks!

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. What is the best palm DB for account & password info.

I've looked at the following

Palmadd http://www.palmadd.com/ multi-account

Mobile Generations account manager
http://www.mobilegeneration.com/products/mobileam/

and USDEV mobile safe http://www.usdev.com/

Does anyone have any recommendations or comments for the list above or know
of any other good ones. I'm willing to pay for the program.

2. best price on OCTORAM board

3. Best Palm Desktop upgrade (best sync with Outlook)

4. Internal FaxModem for amiga 2000's -CHEAP!

5. Can Jfile DB be converted to HanDBase DB?

6. full-duplex or half-duplex on 1720

7. ODBC driver for Palm or PDB files?

8. Manual for AutoCAD R12 on the net?

9. ODBC for Palm files (dat or pdb)

10. ODBC Driver for PalmDesktop

11. Beta Testers: ODBC Database products to be tested

12. how do i sync between a ms access db and pilot?

13. Mac DB syncing