Batteries last only 5 mins on new Palm Vx

Batteries last only 5 mins on new Palm Vx

Post by Jeffrey Smart » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:14:09

Hi,

I had my Palm Vx replaced under warranty and am now finding that the batteries
in the replacement unit only last about 5 mins.  When I take the Palm off the
cradle it shows a full memory, but then turns off after a few mins with no
warning.  I then place the unit back on the cradle and it re-initialises.

As it is the second unit that this has happened to, I assume that it must be the
cradle or incredibly bad luck.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

Jeff.

Batteries last only 5 mins on new Palm Vx

Post by Bob » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:23:23

You are not clear on whether the batteries are draining and then new
ones are required, or whether the Palm is just resetting but the
batteries are OK.

It sounds like a poor connection somewhere.

Bob

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 07:14:09 GMT, Jeffrey Smartt

>Hi,

>I had my Palm Vx replaced under warranty and am now finding that the batteries
>in the replacement unit only last about 5 mins.  When I take the Palm off the
>cradle it shows a full memory, but then turns off after a few mins with no
>warning.  I then place the unit back on the cradle and it re-initialises.

>As it is the second unit that this has happened to, I assume that it must be the
>cradle or incredibly bad luck.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

>Jeff.

Batteries last only 5 mins on new Palm Vx

Post by Debor » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:42:00

are you sure it doesn't just go on standby ?

as in, you can just turn it on again with the powerbutton?