Can't hotsync my Palm (usb) to my Sony Vaio

Can't hotsync my Palm (usb) to my Sony Vaio

Post by J. Nu » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 01:28:08

I have a Sony Vaio RX570 desktop with XP factory installed. I never
had success syncing the Palm V thru either USB or serial, and now,
having purchased the Palm 515 with USB cradle, I thought that might
fix my problem. It hasn't, I'm having the same problem. When HotSync
manager tries to run, I can neither access it in the task bar or load
it through Palm Desktop. It just freezes. Trying to kill the process
does no good either, as it will hang up. Even shutting down XP is
stopped because the HotSync thread will not die.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I don't think it's an XP
problem, people seem to be able to sync with it just fine. I've tried
uninstalling Palm/HotSync, I've tried serial synching, USB synching,
and still no luck. The Vaio doesn't have IR or this wouldn't be such a
big deal.

Thanks (please respond to this group)

J. Nunn

Can't hotsync my Palm (usb) to my Sony Vaio

Post by J. Nu » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 02:54:56

I've figured it out. Under the control panel in XP, go to "system",
"hardware", and device manager. Go down to "Universal Serial Bus
Controllers", open it, go to "Root Hub" (there may be more than one,
if so, do the following to both), and view the properties for it.
Click on the "Power Management" tab and make sure the box for "Allow
the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked.

This seemed to fix the problem--hope it helps

JNUNN

> I have a Sony Vaio RX570 desktop with XP factory installed. I never
> had success syncing the Palm V thru either USB or serial, and now,
> having purchased the Palm 515 with USB cradle, I thought that might
> fix my problem. It hasn't, I'm having the same problem. When HotSync
> manager tries to run, I can neither access it in the task bar or load
> it through Palm Desktop. It just freezes. Trying to kill the process
> does no good either, as it will hang up. Even shutting down XP is
> stopped because the HotSync thread will not die.

> Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I don't think it's an XP
> problem, people seem to be able to sync with it just fine. I've tried
> uninstalling Palm/HotSync, I've tried serial synching, USB synching,
> and still no luck. The Vaio doesn't have IR or this wouldn't be such a
> big deal.

> Thanks (please respond to this group)

> J. Nunn

1. Bluetooth Hotsync Tungsten|T and Sony Vaio (built-in Bluetooth)

Anyone else having problems syncing? Actually I can sync but every second
sync or so it hangs somewhere in the middle (connection does not seem very
stable) and stops with a error after some time. Besides that I am not having
any bluetooth problems neither on the Vaio nor the Tungsten and I use it
quite heavily. I am using the latest BlueSpace version and have all updates
on both the Tungsten and the Vaio.

Dominik

2. OLE Update

3. SONY VAIO Color Palm

4. Invisible hardware profiles - laptop

5. hotsyncing with Sony Vaio

6. Apollo A1230 SCSI problems

7. IRsync and Win98 - Sony Vaio

8. Is Sony Clie NR70 PEGA-UC70 USB cradle compatible with NX series Clie's?

9. Can't Run Initial USB Hot Sync on Sony Clie T665C