Overclocking?

Overclocking?

Post by Mark » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00



There was a piece of software that lets u overclock the Palm (or underclock
it). Does anybody know if it still exists and what is it called? I wouldn't
mind underclocking the palm to squeeze out some more Battery life.

Mark

 
 
 

Overclocking?

Post by PalmV Gu » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00


Download AfterBurner:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?prodID=3587

I've never used it before, but have heard others talk about it.
I think you can even select which programs you want to overclock and
underclock.

Let us know how it works out.

/PalmV Guy


> There was a piece of software that lets u overclock the Palm (or underclock
> it). Does anybody know if it still exists and what is it called? I wouldn't
> mind underclocking the palm to squeeze out some more Battery life.

> Mark


 
 
 

Overclocking?

Post by David Potte » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00


I use AfterBurner and PalmV Guy is correct -- you can overclock or
underclock applications individually.
Works like a champ!

> Download AfterBurner:

> http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?prodID=3587

> I've never used it before, but have heard others talk about it.
> I think you can even select which programs you want to overclock and
> underclock.

> Let us know how it works out.

> /PalmV Guy


> > There was a piece of software that lets u overclock the Palm (or
underclock
> > it). Does anybody know if it still exists and what is it called? I
wouldn't
> > mind underclocking the palm to squeeze out some more Battery life.

> > Mark

 
 
 

Overclocking?

Post by Edrich Ya » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00


Try TornadoV.  It allows you to select what is over/under or normal.
So that way your clock will still work, games run fine, processes that are
selected can run faster or slower.

You can still beam and communicate.

Edi


> Download AfterBurner:

> http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?prodID=3587

> I've never used it before, but have heard others talk about it.
> I think you can even select which programs you want to overclock and
> underclock.

> Let us know how it works out.

> /PalmV Guy


> > There was a piece of software that lets u overclock the Palm (or
underclock
> > it). Does anybody know if it still exists and what is it called? I
wouldn't
> > mind underclocking the palm to squeeze out some more Battery life.

> > Mark

 
 
 

Overclocking?

Post by wil.. » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00


set the launcher to normal speed or at least slow it down...easy
enough

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:52:34 -0700, Jonathan Granrose


>Likewise.  I knew something like Afterburner existed, but I hadn't tracked it
>down yet.  Just installed it, and my V8 is now blazing along at the "Fastest"
>setting (I'm assuming this is 28 Mhz).  The only problem I've run into so far
>is that I have to be a little quicker letting up on the hardware buttons or it
>registers two button clicks (if anyone knows a way to get the buttons back to
>normal speed, I'm interested in hearing it...)

>-j


>> I use AfterBurner and PalmV Guy is correct -- you can overclock or
>> underclock applications individually.
>> Works like a champ!



>> > Download AfterBurner:

>> > http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?prodID=3587

>> > I've never used it before, but have heard others talk about it.
>> > I think you can even select which programs you want to overclock and
>> > underclock.

>> > Let us know how it works out.

>> > /PalmV Guy


>> > > There was a piece of software that lets u overclock the Palm (or
>> underclock
>> > > it). Does anybody know if it still exists and what is it called? I
>> wouldn't
>> > > mind underclocking the palm to squeeze out some more Battery life.

>> > > Mark

 
 
 

1. Afterburner 3.1: Fastest Overclocked Speed on a Handspring Visor Pro?

Just a point of curiosity; what's the fastest speed one can safely set
to overclock a Visor Pro? Is there a ratio or has anyone done a
comparison of how much more frequently it needs to be charged up at
54MHz than say 37MHz?

Other than the documentation's recommended settings of Fast Mpx and
Adjust Ticks are there any other settings other users have tested for
better performance?

TIA!

2. Computer goes into "Mark" mode

3. Overclocking Utilities

4. Chocks Away (please help)

5. Overclocking Wierdness!

6. front page server extenstion

7. Overclocking Programs

8. Converters

9. Overclocking Palm Vx Problem

10. Overclocking

11. Is it safe to overclock a Palm IIIe ?

12. Overclocking Tests: Afterburner & QuickBits

13. Palm IIIx overclocking...