Hotsync Problems on Windows 2000

Post by David Darb » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am having trouble with HotSync on a Dell Latitude laptop running Windows
2000.  I get a "Lost Communication" error.  Has anyone seen HotSync run
reliably on Windows 2000 ?

Hotsync Problems on Windows 2000

Post by leonro » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Yes, I do it all the time on a desktop machine.  No problems.

Leon

> I am having trouble with HotSync on a Dell Latitude laptop running Windows
> 2000.  I get a "Lost Communication" error.  Has anyone seen HotSync run
> reliably on Windows 2000 ?

Hotsync Problems on Windows 2000

Post by Steve » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I do it here, reliably. Are you running the latest hotsynch?

But I do not use Dell.

Steve

Quote:> I am having trouble with HotSync on a Dell Latitude laptop running Windows
> 2000.  I get a "Lost Communication" error.  Has anyone seen HotSync run
> reliably on Windows 2000 ?

Hotsync Problems on Windows 2000

Post by Lou Hass » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have been reliably synch-ing for 9 months or so with various flavors of
Win2000.
Serial cable only.

> I do it here, reliably. Are you running the latest hotsynch?

> But I do not use Dell.

> Steve

> > I am having trouble with HotSync on a Dell Latitude laptop running
Windows
> > 2000.  I get a "Lost Communication" error.  Has anyone seen HotSync run
> > reliably on Windows 2000 ?

1. Cannot hotsync Outlook 2000 calendar on Windows 2000

I just got a new laptop with Windows 2000, SP1, and Outlook 2000, SR-1.
  I installed Palm Desktop 4.0.1 with HotSync Manager 4.0.1, then
installed Chapura PocketMirror 2.0.4a.  My Palm V runs PalmOS 3.5.  It's
connected via the COM port.

When I press the HotSync button on the cradle, PocketMirror starts with
a small window (titled "PocketMirror Monitor") which has a text field
("Current Item") and a progress bar.  The text field tells me about
various appointment being copied from Outlook (OL) to the handheld
device (HH).  On the left side of the progress bar it says "Step 1 of 4"
and the bar progresses from %0 to %100. This step completes pretty
quickly.  When this step is done, it moves on to step 2. The text field
and the progress bar remain empty and nothing goes on, except for the
HotSync window which shows that it's still "Syncronizing Outlook
Calendar".  This hangs forever until I kill everything (HotSync process
and the sync on the Pilot).  If I disable the calendar sync, the other
items (Notes, ToDo and Contacts) are hot-sync'ed just fine.

I searched the Palm and Chapura help pages but did not find an answer.

Thanks.

2. Windows 98 install

3. Hotsync problems with Windows 2000

4. ANNOUNCE: xmcd v2.0 CD-audio player

5. IR Hotsync / Windows 2000 troubles

6. sad MacSE30

7. Windows 2000 & Palm Hotsync via IR

8. Optimizing BSD filesystems for slow storage media (e.g. WORMS?)

9. INFO: Infrared hotsync Palm desktop 4.0 and Windows 2000

10. InfraRed Hotsync on Prism and Windows 2000?

11. IR HotSync with Windows 2000

12. Palm Releases IR HotSync Update for Windows 2000

13. HotSync, 100% CPU Utilization on Windows 2000