Rhinopak 2000

Post by Brian Ehor » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I just ordered the Rhiopak 2000 from Rhinoskin. Was just wondering what
any owners thought of it?

Rhinopak 2000

Post by Andrew Henderso » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Just got mine today to supplement _not replace_ my 3Com belt-clip case.
BTW, you should have ordered from PalmPilotGear - $24.95 plus $5.00 for
priority mail.  Special price on what are supposedly blems or seconds but I
don't see anything wrong with mine. Delivery was a bit slow - ordered on
10/2 and received on 10/10 - they shipped on 10/8. Don't understand why it
took so long to make it out the door...
The case itself? Very nice... I would be very hesitant to say it is worth
$50 - it is definitely worth $25. Well made - lots of zippers, etc. so it
has fairly high gadget or geek appeal.  It is a bit big and that is why it
will not replace my belt case for everyday use.  Pocket on the flap is a
bit small - you can only get a finger or two in there and the pocket is
deep so you will have trouble reaching all the way into it.  The webbing on
the back of the case is a bit strange - there are 3 loops in 2 straps - the
wide loops are the only ones that you could use for a belt and then you
have to thread the belt through.  They would have been better with one
strip of webbing and some sort of snap arrangement or incorporating The
Clip or something... it is a bit big for on the belt wear - looks like a
small camera case.  The PIII by itself is lost in this case - it really
needs the modem on it - I bought it to carry other small items besides the
PIII but I'm not sure that it is going to work out... Finally there are all
kinds of loops for clips or cords to tie this thing to a backpack or
whatever.

> I just ordered the Rhiopak 2000 from Rhinoskin. Was just wondering what
> any owners thought of it?

  info.vcf
< 1K Download

Rhinopak 2000

Post by ms. brooke » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

does anyone have the rhinopak 1000?
it looks a lot smaller ... perhaps better for everyday use

> I just ordered the Rhiopak 2000 from Rhinoskin. Was just wondering what
> any owners thought of it?

Rhinopak 2000

Post by James L » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I just ordered the Rhiopak 2000 from Rhinoskin. Was just wondering what
>any owners thought of it?

I have owned the RP2k for a bit now and I must say I love it!!  It is
great for toting around the PalmPilot/PalmIII, plus lots of extra
stuff (like batteries, business cards, scraps of paper, etc..)

Originally I did use it just with a PalmIII only... then I got the
modem... the P3 stays in place a whole heck of a lot better with the
modem...

Now, the only thing I have found that I don't like is it's size... I
have found that I don't take my P3 with me to meetings because one I
don't want to lug around a big case, and two I don't want to be
carrying around my P3 outside of a case... my solution for this: I am
getting the Titanium case ;-)  And I am going to use my 2K for
traveling any such...

Overall, great case.. so I am sure you will enjoy it!

Seahorse Software
http://www.prismnet.com/~jlee/ss/ss.html

Rhinopak 2000

Post by Dennis B. Swane » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Just got mine today to supplement _not replace_ my 3Com belt-clip case.
> BTW, you should have ordered from PalmPilotGear - $24.95 plus $5.00 for
> priority mail.  Special price on what are supposedly blems or seconds but I
> don't see anything wrong with mine. Delivery was a bit slow - ordered on
> 10/2 and received on 10/10 - they shipped on 10/8. Don't understand why it
> took so long to make it out the door...

One of the reps at PilotGear told me that they take orders until there
is enough for a shipment from a vendor. PG then orders from the vendor.
At least this was what I was told when checking on an order I had
placed. I finally received what I'd ordered and am very happy with it.
--
Unfortunately, due to spam, I have to say remove the x before replying.

Dennis B. Swaney

Rhinopak 2000

Post by PilotGear H. » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Are you sure that is our company you are speaking of? That is NOT and never
has been our policy. We do not take orders until the product is in stock and
ready to ship for new products or sale. The reason for the delay, for which
I can only apologize and assure you is not the norm, is the shipment we
received from Rhinoskin of the Rhinoskin 2000's were not marked as the
discounted ones and thus not recognized as such by our receiving and
shipping dept. A case in point in this regard is a product we will be
annoucing for sale tomorrow. If Airborne had delivered it when it was
supposed to (the company sending to us put the wrong zip code which delayed
it) it would have been to us on Friday and we would have begun taking orders
for it then. We were told by Airborne they corrected the error and the
shipment will be to us Monday. Until it is received do not want to say what
this new product is so once received we will post an announcement here.Mr
Henderson,  In any event, again please accept our apologies for the delay in
getting your product to you, to make up for it and as a good will gesture I
will credit the shipping fee you paid tomorrow. If I may be of further
assistance please let me know.

--

Regards,

Kenny West
PilotGear H.Q.
"The Headquarters for PalmPilot & Palm III Software, Accessories & News!"
www.pilotgear.com

>> Just got mine today to supplement _not replace_ my 3Com belt-clip case.
>> BTW, you should have ordered from PalmPilotGear - $24.95 plus $5.00 for
>> priority mail.  Special price on what are supposedly blems or seconds but
>> don't see anything wrong with mine. Delivery was a bit slow - ordered on
>> 10/2 and received on 10/10 - they shipped on 10/8. Don't understand why
it
>> took so long to make it out the door...

>One of the reps at PilotGear told me that they take orders until there
>is enough for a shipment from a vendor. PG then orders from the vendor.
>At least this was what I was told when checking on an order I had
>placed. I finally received what I'd ordered and am very happy with it.
>--
>Unfortunately, due to spam, I have to say remove the x before replying.

>Dennis B. Swaney

Rhinopak 2000

Post by Michael C » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I got some money to blow last month, so I bought the RP1k.  Arrived
within like two days and even got a nifty RhinoPak sticker.

-As for the case, I'm very glad for the cordura outside, as I've found
it to be better at waterproof (or at least resistant) than the 3Com
case.  I wish it was a little more form fitting; it's pretty noticable
on my belt.

-The front webbing is nice for ATM reciepts or whatever just to stuff
away.

-The belt loop is good; a sturdy loop, but sewn down in the middle.  I
use the top portion.

-The zipper is ok, not an easy one-handed operation, though.

-As for the inside, I was surprised that the screen panel sewn in is not
a rigid piece of plastic, but will easily flex.

-The padding is good, and the four straps are nice, especily if you tend
to be running around a lot.  I don't use the inside webbing pocket.

Worth the $32?  If you're looking for something a bit more ruggid than
the 3Com case, I'd say yes.  All IMHO, of course.

--
Michael C.
"He who laughs, lasts."

Rhinopak 2000

Post by Stuart J. Winok » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I just ordered the Rhiopak 2000 from Rhinoskin. Was just wondering what
>any owners thought of it?

I like mine. Got it from Pilot Gear for the $24.95 special.  I agree
it's probably not worth 50 bucks that Rhino asks for it. It is a bit
on the large size for just a Pilot without a modem. The elastic inside
doesn't really hold it tight because it's a little on the small side.
However, I carry my modem attached so it's just about perfect. I carry
my Option GSM adapter in the inner web pocket on the other flap. It
does have belt loops if you need to belt mount it. As someone else
mentioned, it has lots of little loops and other widgets for attaching
it to other equipment. I especially like the carrying handle that it
has. I'm very satisfied with mine.

Rhinopak 2000

Post by sdk » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I got mine via the same Pilot Gear deal.  Agree with pretty much everything
Stuart sez.  Played around with a covered elastic ponytail thing (standard
female hair accessory staple) to tighten up the Rhino's elastic Pilot
holder.  Works well for me.  Can also get my cell phone in there (if I
unscrew the antenna), and there are several zipper pockets for cash, credit
cards, etc.  Much more versatile than most of the pricier alternatives.

Shirl Kennedy

>>I just ordered the Rhiopak 2000 from Rhinoskin. Was just wondering what
>>any owners thought of it?

>I like mine. Got it from Pilot Gear for the $24.95 special.  I agree
>it's probably not worth 50 bucks that Rhino asks for it. It is a bit
>on the large size for just a Pilot without a modem. The elastic inside
>doesn't really hold it tight because it's a little on the small side.
>However, I carry my modem attached so it's just about perfect. I carry
>my Option GSM adapter in the inner web pocket on the other flap. It
>does have belt loops if you need to belt mount it. As someone else
>mentioned, it has lots of little loops and other widgets for attaching
>it to other equipment. I especially like the carrying handle that it
>has. I'm very satisfied with mine.

Rhinopak 2000

Post by Interlope » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I gave up on the "aircraft quality" elastic and went back to the dreaded
velcro. I have it on the back of my PIII anyway to keep it in my
Franklin for work; I only use the RP2000 for off days. The velcro holds
it and the modem perfectly.

I took off most of the extraneous loops and zipper pulls -- too much
like a miniature backpack. For $25 it's not bad. I wouldn't pay $50 for
it though.

> I got mine via the same Pilot Gear deal.  Agree with pretty much everything
> Stuart sez.  Played around with a covered elastic ponytail thing (standard
> female hair accessory staple) to tighten up the Rhino's elastic Pilot
> holder.  Works well for me.  Can also get my cell phone in there (if I
> unscrew the antenna), and there are several zipper pockets for cash, credit
> cards, etc.  Much more versatile than most of the pricier alternatives.

> Shirl Kennedy

> >>I just ordered the Rhiopak 2000 from Rhinoskin. Was just wondering what
> >>any owners thought of it?

> >I like mine. Got it from Pilot Gear for the $24.95 special.  I agree
> >it's probably not worth 50 bucks that Rhino asks for it. It is a bit
> >on the large size for just a Pilot without a modem. The elastic inside
> >doesn't really hold it tight because it's a little on the small side.
> >However, I carry my modem attached so it's just about perfect. I carry
> >my Option GSM adapter in the inner web pocket on the other flap. It
> >does have belt loops if you need to belt mount it. As someone else
> >mentioned, it has lots of little loops and other widgets for attaching
> >it to other equipment. I especially like the carrying handle that it
> >has. I'm very satisfied with mine.

1. The Gadgeteer Reviews : RhinoPak 2000 PDA case

Check out my review of Rhinoskin's RhinoPak 2000 PDA case. This case
is compatible with the following PDAs: PalmPilot with the
3Com Modem, PalmPilot with the Novatel Wireless Minstrel Modem, Psion
Series 3a, 3c and 5, Casio z-7000, Casio
Casiopeia A-10 / A-11, Compaq PC Companion C120 / C140,Hitachi
Handheld PC, HP Palmtop PC 300 / 320 / 340 /
360 LX, HP OmniGo 100 / 120, Lucky Goldstar Handheld PC GP20M / GP40M,
NEC MobilePro 200 / 400, Phillips
Velo 1, Sharp Zaurus ZR-3000 / ZR-3500 / ZR-5800 /
ZR5800FX

2. Desktop PC + Notebook PC + Crossover Cable + Windows XP = No Networking?

3. Palm III in Rhinopak 2000 - makes sense?

4. Syquest & AMAX

5. FS: Pilot RhinoPak 2000 case---UK---

6. Pre-Announcement of Principles Of Document Processing'94

7. Cannot hotsync Outlook 2000 calendar on Windows 2000

8. My 1998 Rhinoskin RhinoPak Palm case has outlasted them all