INFO: Infrared hotsync Palm desktop 4.0 and Windows 2000

INFO: Infrared hotsync Palm desktop 4.0 and Windows 2000

Post by Erik Oxaa » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:16:36

I previously had Desktop 3.1 installed and recently
upgraded to desktop 4.0, expecting infrared hotsync
to be enabled or possible on my Windows 2000 laptop
after the upgrade.

This was NOT the case!

After wasting a lot of time troubleshooting, I
finally installed the PalmDesktopUpdate available
on www.palm.com/support. It installed a newer
version of hotsync. Now infrared hotsync works.

VERY disappointing that Palm didn't include the
newest hotsync in their most recent desktop release!

Hopefully this info can save others some grief.

INFO: Infrared hotsync Palm desktop 4.0 and Windows 2000

Post by LANlor » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 05:59:00

I tried it too. It works much better now.

LANlord

Quote:> I previously had Desktop 3.1 installed and recently
> upgraded to desktop 4.0, expecting infrared hotsync
> to be enabled or possible on my Windows 2000 laptop
> after the upgrade.

> This was NOT the case!

> After wasting a lot of time troubleshooting, I
> finally installed the PalmDesktopUpdate available
> on www.palm.com/support. It installed a newer
> version of hotsync. Now infrared hotsync works.

> VERY disappointing that Palm didn't include the
> newest hotsync in their most recent desktop release!

> Hopefully this info can save others some grief.

>  Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or
>  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.

1. InfraRed Hotsync on Prism and Windows 2000?

Hi,

I just bought myself a new laptop with Windows 2000 Professional.  I'd like
to be able to sync my Prism with the laptop via Infrared.

I'm aware of the Palm desktop updater
http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/palmdt_update.html which adds an
"Infrared" option to the hotsync choices.

I assume that if I install this "updater" on top of my Handsping software
installation, it'll break the USB support?  I'd prefer not to do this... I'd
like to keep both options (USB and IrDA) open.

Yes, I've looked at "BeamSync for Visor" but that doesn't address the
Windows 2000 desktop issue (that you can't specify the IrDA device nor can
you map the IrDA device to a com port).  The BeamSync seems to be just a way
to get the IR HotSync option onto Visors not fortunate enough to have the
feature already (i.e. not OS 3.5+).

If anybody's been able to make progress in this, appreciate your wisdom.

Cheers
Steve T

2. Missing folders in drive c: problem

3. HotSync using infrared and WIndows 2000

4. How to log/track info on who is visiting my site

5. Desktop 4.0 on Windows 2000

6. Design-By-Contractish Exception Handling - Comments?

7. Difficult or imposible ?:Windows NT 4.0 SP4 -Palm OS 3.3 Infrared hotsync !

8. PowerComputing 110 monitor problem

9. Cannot hotsync Outlook 2000 calendar on Windows 2000

10. Windows 2000 updates at Palm.com (Infrared, USB etc)!

11. Is it possible to sync the Palm thru infrared with use of Windows 2000

12. Windows 2000 + Palm + Infrared: something works, now the rest....

13. Palm Infrared windows 2000 Syncronization