My new IIIxe: touch screen problem

Post by min-yi she » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:30:49

   I just purchsed a IIIxe with a good price and quite happy with it.
However, good time ends suddenly. When I was taking a note (a formula)
in the library with Diddlebug, I found that I cannot write a small
character accurately. The tiny "2" for square always mess itself. For
test, I tapped the screen in DiddleBug randomly (dot-dot-dot...) and
surprisingly found that some dots just don't show up and some end up with
a long line, not just random points I expected! Am I using a defective
Palm?

Min-yi Shen

My new IIIxe: touch screen problem

Post by min-yi she » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:57:13

    I found that writing with more FORCE would alleviate the problem.
  is it ok to do so?

:    I just purchsed a IIIxe with a good price and quite happy with it.
: However, good time ends suddenly. When I was taking a note (a formula)
: in the library with Diddlebug, I found that I cannot write a small
: character accurately. The tiny "2" for square always mess itself. For
: test, I tapped the screen in DiddleBug randomly (dot-dot-dot...) and
: surprisingly found that some dots just don't show up and some end up with
: a long line, not just random points I expected! Am I using a defective
: Palm?

: Min-yi Shen

My new IIIxe: touch screen problem

Post by kapte » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 01:25:11

Is your xe grayscale contrast even all around the screen?
Mine isnt. Its darker at the top and corners than the centre.
Thank goodness its not right at the centre where youre most likely
looking at on your Palm.

Commets on this issues please.

On Fri, 09 Feb 2001 07:57:13 GMT, min-yi shen

>    I found that writing with more FORCE would alleviate the problem.
>  is it ok to do so?

>:    I just purchsed a IIIxe with a good price and quite happy with it.
>: However, good time ends suddenly. When I was taking a note (a formula)
>: in the library with Diddlebug, I found that I cannot write a small
>: character accurately. The tiny "2" for square always mess itself. For
>: test, I tapped the screen in DiddleBug randomly (dot-dot-dot...) and
>: surprisingly found that some dots just don't show up and some end up with
>: a long line, not just random points I expected! Am I using a defective
>: Palm?

>: Min-yi Shen

My new IIIxe: touch screen problem

Post by Adam Helber » Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:11:39

You really should not expect much precision with DiddleBug. It's suitable
for taking down a name or two not much more. For more precision you need to
use text mode.
Adam

Quote:>    I just purchsed a IIIxe with a good price and quite happy with it.
> However, good time ends suddenly. When I was taking a note (a formula)
> in the library with Diddlebug, I found that I cannot write a small
> character accurately. The tiny "2" for square always mess itself. For
> test, I tapped the screen in DiddleBug randomly (dot-dot-dot...) and
> surprisingly found that some dots just don't show up and some end up with
> a long line, not just random points I expected! Am I using a defective
> Palm?

> Min-yi Shen

1. Palm IIIxe: Touch screen is dead

One day the touch screen stopped working.
Does anyone know if there is a common/quick fix?
Like a circuit shook loose?

I tried Soft and Hard reset.

Emailed Palm.  Called Palm.
The turn around time to fix it will be about two weeks.
(Unless Christmas delays it even more.)

I'd be happy to fix it myself, if possible.

--
Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Database code testing

3. Palm III problem - screen "loses touch"

4. Using 2 bitmaps and a res button and DRAWITEMSTRUCT??

5. Palm lll touch screen problem

6. Why is my mail reappearing in my mail box

7. Touch Screen problem. Help?

8. BC4.0 winsight under windows95 ?

9. Replaced screen on IIIxe, still have problem

10. Palm IIIxe Screen Problems?

11. Quality Control Problems with IIIxe Screen?

12. Problem with new IIIxe

13. Two Problems with New Palm IIIxe (long)