IR HotSync with Windows 2000

Post by Javier Alvarez Uriart » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:00:20

I've follow all instructions from
http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/palmdt_update.html to configure IR
HotSync on w2k (all spanish versions), but i cant get IR check tab on
HotSync Config. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance and excuse my english.

IR HotSync with Windows 2000

Post by Frank » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:56:28

First, make sure your IR port is enabled in the BIOS.  Next, find your IR
port in device manager in W2K, right-click on it and then make sure it is
"enabled".  For some reason. a lot of factory installed W2K systems (Dell is
one) ship with IR disabled in the BIOS.

-Frank

Quote:> I've follow all instructions from
> http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/palmdt_update.html to configure IR
> HotSync on w2k (all spanish versions), but i cant get IR check tab on
> HotSync Config. Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance and excuse my english.

IR HotSync with Windows 2000

Post by Javier Alvarez Uriart » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:41:59

Well, IR on w2k is working OK. I've tried it with Ipaq 3600 and Activesync
and works fine.
On Hotsync 3.0.3 local port tab, COM1 to COM4 appear. With Hotsync 3.0.4 and
3.1.0 (comes with MIK) only appear COM1 to COM2, those that I really have.
Anyone has w2k with Infrared Hotsync working? Where appear Infrared option?

Thanks.