Best choice?

Post by Thierry Morissett » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:35:25

Here I am again, going for a new Palm to replace the old one. Among the
existing models (don't want an OS5, which is really an ARM1 and will be much
more expensive anyway).

Things to consider:

(1) Can't get a Sony. They won't order it, they won't send it ("Vive le
Qubec libre!")

(2) Really need a bigger screen than the m125, but don't care about color,
unless it's very easy to read under direct sunlight -- probably too
expensive anyway

(3) Would like something close to "top of the line", so I don't have to
worry until PalmOS 6 (or at least 5.5) comes out

(4) Won't need a modem

(5) Would like a backup that I can bring with me "just in case"

(6) 8 MB minimum, Graffiti needed, keyboard optional

Any advice?

Best choice?

Post by Woggledo » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:51:22

M515, colour, but big resolution

Quote:> Here I am again, going for a new Palm to replace the old one. Among the
> existing models (don't want an OS5, which is really an ARM1 and will be
much
> more expensive anyway).

> Things to consider:

> (1) Can't get a Sony. They won't order it, they won't send it ("Vive le
> Qubec libre!")

> (2) Really need a bigger screen than the m125, but don't care about color,
> unless it's very easy to read under direct sunlight -- probably too
> expensive anyway

> (3) Would like something close to "top of the line", so I don't have to
> worry until PalmOS 6 (or at least 5.5) comes out

> (4) Won't need a modem

> (5) Would like a backup that I can bring with me "just in case"

> (6) 8 MB minimum, Graffiti needed, keyboard optional

> Any advice?

1. Best Choice Visor, iPaq, or Wait?

I would like to purchase a PDA soon but have a few issues: (1) I REALLY love
the color screens, (2) I REALLY would like a voice recorder option, (3) I
would prefer a Palm-based PDA.

Well, that said, from what I know, I have a few choices:
a) Get a Visor with a voice recording module (due "soon")
b) Get an iPaq and use Windows OS instead.
c) Get a Palm IIIc and forget about voice recording
d) Wait for a Palm device with a color screen and voice recording

Does anybody know of any other options for me?  Any suggestions? Anybody
know when a Palm-based PDA with color screen and voice recording will be
released?  Handspring? Palm? Holidays?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Quicken Home Inventory conversion

3. Outlook 97 synchro. Best choice wanted.

4. Visual Studio .NET purchase -- learning/non-commercial development

5. Choices choices

6. FTP

7. Best Palm Choice

8. test

9. Need new PDA ; Choices Choices! My old PPP Is dead.

10. ANN: Triv 3.3.1 - 3 New Multiple Choice Trivia Modules

11. What choices are there for MP3 springboard modules?

12. What Choice?

13. Tough Choice- IIIC, VIIx or Vx?