network Palm desktop

network Palm desktop

Post by Michael Bloc » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00



Is there a way of viewing a palm desktop program from
another computer on a LAN? It seems that local dll files are
required on each desktop. I don't want a full networked
desktop programme, just to occasionally view the datebook
from another computer on the LAN.
--
regards
Michael Block
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if you assume that there's no hope
you guarantee that there's no hope.
If you assume that there is an instinct for freedom
there are opportunities to change things
there's a chance you may contribute to making a better
world.
                        .......the choice is yours.
Noam Chomsky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://members.optushome.com.au/mblock/perinatal.html         The
www home of perinatal psychiatry.
 
 
 

network Palm desktop

Post by Carl Rothma » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00


I don't quite understand what you mean when you say, "I don't want a
full networked
desktop programme", but, assuming this statement refers to that you
don't need the Palm Desktop to run in a network other than to view it,
why not try a network sharing program like PcAnywhere (I believe it's by
Symantec)? You'll be able to view the entire screen of the other
computer, including the Palm Desktop if it's running. I use this program
in my office and I can monitor every keystroke made on our main
data-input computer. In addition, I can access the other computer to
enter data remotely. It works great.


> Is there a way of viewing a palm desktop program from
> another computer on a LAN? It seems that local dll files are
> required on each desktop. I don't want a full networked
> desktop programme, just to occasionally view the datebook
> from another computer on the LAN.
> --
> regards
> Michael Block
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> if you assume that there's no hope
> you guarantee that there's no hope.
> If you assume that there is an instinct for freedom
> there are opportunities to change things
> there's a chance you may contribute to making a better
> world.
>                         .......the choice is yours.
> Noam Chomsky
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> http://members.optushome.com.au/mblock/perinatal.html           The
> www home of perinatal psychiatry.

--
Carl Rothman

FOR LOW PRICED CONTACT LENSES VISIT MY NEW WEB STORE AT
http://www.yourlens.com/wpvc

Also, please visit these web pages:
http://www.liii.com/~croth/
http://www.qsl.net/evhf

 
 
 

network Palm desktop

Post by MobiSUX Tea » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00




> Is there a way of viewing a palm desktop program from
> another computer on a LAN? It seems that local dll files are
> required on each desktop. I don't want a full networked
> desktop programme, just to occasionally view the datebook
> from another computer on the LAN.
> --
> regards
> Michael Block

Hey!

You can also use palmVNC. Check
http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?
sid=36909320001006073005&prodID=7778 to find out more
about that product.
--
   none.

MobiSUX Team [ http://mobitel.sux.nu ]

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

network Palm desktop

Post by Jason Whit » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00


There's also a desktop version of VNC available.  I use it all of the time
to access my main computer from other machines at work/home.

The official home for VNC is www.uk.research.att.com/vnc.  It's freeware and
open source!




> > Is there a way of viewing a palm desktop program from
> > another computer on a LAN? It seems that local dll files are
> > required on each desktop. I don't want a full networked
> > desktop programme, just to occasionally view the datebook
> > from another computer on the LAN.
> > --
> > regards
> > Michael Block

> Hey!

> You can also use palmVNC. Check
> http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?
> sid=36909320001006073005&prodID=7778 to find out more
> about that product.
> --
>    none.

> MobiSUX Team [ http://mobitel.sux.nu ]

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 
 
 

network Palm desktop

Post by Michael Bloc » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00



> I don't quite understand what you mean when you say, "I don't want a
> full networked
> desktop programme", but, assuming this statement refers to that you
> don't need the Palm Desktop to run in a network other than to view it,
> why not try a network sharing program like PcAnywhere (I believe it's by
> Symantec)? You'll be able to view the entire screen of the other
> computer, including the Palm Desktop if it's running. I use this program
> in my office and I can monitor every keystroke made on our main
> data-input computer. In addition, I can access the other computer to
> enter data remotely. It works great.


> > Is there a way of viewing a palm desktop program from
> > another computer on a LAN? It seems that local dll files are
> > required on each desktop. I don't want a full networked
> > desktop programme, just to occasionally view the datebook
> > from another computer on the LAN.
> > --
> > regards
> > Michael Block
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > if you assume that there's no hope
> > you guarantee that there's no hope.
> > If you assume that there is an instinct for freedom
> > there are opportunities to change things
> > there's a chance you may contribute to making a better
> > world.
> >                         .......the choice is yours.
> > Noam Chomsky
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > http://members.optushome.com.au/mblock/perinatal.html           The
> > www home of perinatal psychiatry.

> --
> Carl Rothman

> FOR LOW PRICED CONTACT LENSES VISIT MY NEW WEB STORE AT
> http://www.yourlens.com/wpvc

> Also, please visit these web pages:
> http://www.liii.com/~croth/
> http://www.qsl.net/evhf

If there's a quick way that doesn't involve spending any
money (there may not be) I wanted something as simple as a
desktop link to another desktop (I know that doesn't work)
but as the other computers on the LAN don't belong to me (it
is sort of a serviced office environment) I can't load
things like VNC.
--
regards
Michael Block
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if you assume that there's no hope
you guarantee that there's no hope.
If you assume that there is an instinct for freedom
there are opportunities to change things
there's a chance you may contribute to making a better
world.
                        .......the choice is yours.
Noam Chomsky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://members.optushome.com.au/mblock/perinatal.html         The
www home of perinatal psychiatry.
 
 
 

network Palm desktop

Post by breg.. » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 09:43:03


You have 2 options that I can think of. The first is to use DeskPilot,
a freeware application that lets you view Palm data on other machines.
This is what I use.

The other option is to alter the registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\Pilot Desktop\Core
is where the pointer to the Palm files are. Change it to point to the
remote file and you will be able to access them via Palm Desktop.
Careful with this option, as you will be able to alter the other users
data!



> Is there a way of viewing a palm desktop program from
> another computer on a LAN? It seems that local dll files are
> required on each desktop. I don't want a full networked
> desktop programme, just to occasionally view the datebook
> from another computer on the LAN.
> --
> regards
> Michael Block
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> if you assume that there's no hope
> you guarantee that there's no hope.
> If you assume that there is an instinct for freedom
> there are opportunities to change things
> there's a chance you may contribute to making a better
> world.
>                    .......the choice is yours.
> Noam Chomsky
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> http://members.optushome.com.au/mblock/perinatal.html            The
> www home of perinatal psychiatry.

--
Please excuse my grammer.
English IS my first language; I'm just not very
good at it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

1. Palm Desktop to Palm Desktop Network Sync (w/o Pilot)

After years of using a Pilot, I'm surprised I
haven't seen this app:

I'd like an application to sync two (or more)
Palm desktops with each other over the network.

I routinely use Network Hotsync to sync my
Pilot with my secretary's Palm Desktop, but then
I would have to turn around and disable the
network sync to sync with my local desktop, and
I'd have to do this once at work, once at home,
once on my laptop, and once on my wife's computer.
Too much trouble.

I'd like to sync them all together periodically.
Think of it as a "Network Hotsync Null Modem"
or some such.

Any ideas?

Pls. email me, as I don't keep up with this
newsgroup all the time.


2. Netware Requestor + Pathworks.

3. Share Palm Desktop/Palm on small office novell network

4. System prices?

5. Share Palm desktop over network?

6. GATES AND RUNNERS (mold designers)

7. Palm desktop in a network

8. Installation problems

9. Use Palm Desktop on network drive?

10. Palm Desktop data sharing over network?

11. Palm Desktop in network

12. Palm Desktop and network

13. Sharing the Palm Desktop with other people on the network