3.0.2 on Palm IIIx with 3.1?

Post by Steven G. Tyle » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

I just received my new Palm IIIx, and used BackupBuddyNG to transfer
everything from my PPPro w. 2MB/IR upgrade . . . including the 3.0.2
update to the OS. Since the P3x uses OS 3.1, should this 'update' be
deleted? No apparent harm so far, but . . .
--

        The Computer Counselor -- Technology Consulting for the Law Office

        Advancement Chair and Webmaster, Troop 339, BAC, BSA
        (http://members.aol.com/troop339)

3.0.2 on Palm IIIx with 3.1?

Post by Ken Wrigh » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I just received my new Palm IIIx, and used BackupBuddyNG to transfer
> everything from my PPPro w. 2MB/IR upgrade . . . including the 3.0.2
> update to the OS. Since the P3x uses OS 3.1, should this 'update' be
> deleted? No apparent harm so far, but . . .

It will have no effect on OS 3.1 and shouldn't hurt to delete it.

Regards,

--
Ken Wright
PalmPilotGear H.Q.

> --

>    The Computer Counselor -- Technology Consulting for the Law
Office

>    Advancement Chair and Webmaster, Troop 339, BAC, BSA
>    (http://members.aol.com/troop339)

1. Screen flicker on IIIx after upgrade from 3.1 to 3.3

I just upgraded my Palm IIIx from PalmOS 3.1 to 3.3.
No problems encountered during the upgrade process.

Now my Palm exhibits really bad screen flicker at all times. This makes
working with the unit very difficult. The unit showed no flicker under
PalmOS 3.1.

Are there any known fixes for this behavior or do I need to revert to PalmOS
3.1?

I have searched the newsgroups and www.palm.com with no success.

Cheers,
Phil.

2. MPC860 MMU Package

3. is Palm Desktop 3.1 compatible with other Palm OS versions besides 3.5?

4. Looking for info NEW Ease

5. Can Palm Os 3.1 can Upgraded to 3.3 on Palm III?

6. Turbo Vision experience, anyone?

7. Palm II and Palm Desktop 1.0 for Win 3.1

8. Why can I not get stability?

9. NS Basic/Palm 3.1 Released

10. JVM for Palm OS 3.1

11. Palm 3.1 and Outlook 98 Calendar

12. What is best project management app for Palm OS 3.1 and WinNT/2K?

13. Palm Desktop 3.1