Hotsync via IR on Windows 2000 with Vx

Post by Lars Johansso » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi
Is there anyone how knows how to get the Hotsync to work with Windows 2000.
The IR port isn't a virtual COM-port and Hotsync don't have the option to
select the IR-port.

Any feedback would be appritiated

/Lars Johansson

Hotsync via IR on Windows 2000 with Vx

Post by Frank Bul » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Win2k doesn't support IrCOMM, at least RC3. I think 3COM will have to
come up with a "device" driver for it.

Frank Bull
Tucson, Arizona USA

> Hi
> Is there anyone how knows how to get the Hotsync to work with Windows 2000.
> The IR port isn't a virtual COM-port and Hotsync don't have the option to
> select the IR-port.

> Any feedback would be appritiated

> /Lars Johansson

1. Palm Vx HotSync via Ir on Windows 2000

Hello there,
ever since I've upgraded my PC to Win2K I was hoping that I can finally
use the IR port to HotSync my Palm (used NT 4 before). As a frequent
traveller I simply hate to carry the cradle / cable stuff with me...
But until now I have not found anything that would allow me to do this
as the Hotsync program does not - yet - support the Win2K Ir port
technology.
So I am wondering whether anyone out there might have found a utility
that would fill the missing gap between HotSync and Win2K.
Lately I found a virtual com port driver IrComm (posted on
www.Irda4w2k.com) but unfortunately that did not help, I can't get it
to work.
My Hardware/Software:
Toshi Portege 7010, Win2K-Proff SP1
Palm Vx OS 3.5.2
Hotsync 3.1

Any suggestions tip's or comments are more then welcome.
Thanks, Heiko

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How to load a 16-bit driver at boot time ?

3. Windows 2000 & Palm Hotsync via IR

4. File Transfer of SYS36 files using CA

5. Hotsync with Windows 2000 via IR and serial

6. Files > 2Gb on HP-UX 10.20

7. Palm <-> Windows 2000 RAS Connectivity (Mocha W32 PPP via IR)

8. HotSync via IR on Win-2000?

9. Hotsync via IR to Outlook running Win 2000

10. IR Hotsync / Windows 2000 troubles

11. IR HotSync with Windows 2000

12. Palm Releases IR HotSync Update for Windows 2000