JP One-Touch mail source?

Post by scribex » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 11:46:46

Interested in trying JPsystems One-Touch mail program,
I went to the Web site, now dubbed JPMobile.
Everything there sort of routes you to a screen where
you "register" to to try a beta of the outfit's Web
browser package, which I really am not interested in,
at least at this time.

The site does offer a description of One-Touch Mail
and it is ambiguous. In one place it says OTM
is designed for wired or wireless. In another place on
the same page it indicates a wireless Palm or wireless
modem is required. But then, there's no way to
download the program. Again, the only download link
seems to be for the new whatzis.

Questions:

1. Is One-Touch mail freeware or available in a trial
version?

2. Anyone know a site where I could download a copy of
JP One-Touch Mail to try?

Thanks

scribex
--
_______________________________
To reply by e-mail, remove hyphen

JP One-Touch mail source?

Post by Stephen Sou » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:37:59

Quote:

>Questions:

>2. Anyone know a site where I could download a copy of
>JP One-Touch Mail to try?

I purchased mine from Franklin-Covey, it was a pretty good e-mail
program and does support multpile accounts for SMTP & POP3
operatiions with either wireless or wired modem. I have stopped
using it becuase it can not support the security setting for SMTP
that is now required by my e-mail service. OTM only recognizes a
limited format for SMTP login which is not what I need to input.

I plan to download and test MultiMail from Palm and try it. i would
suggest you do the same as JPMobile does not seem intrested in
supporting their software. Attempts to get an update only seems to
get me a run-around response.

JP One-Touch mail source?

Post by Ben Star » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 23:45:34

Quote:

> Interested in trying JPsystems One-Touch mail program,
> I went to the Web site, now dubbed JPMobile.
> Everything there sort of routes you to a screen where
> you "register" to to try a beta of the outfit's Web
> browser package, which I really am not interested in,
> at least at this time.

> The site does offer a description of One-Touch Mail
> and it is ambiguous. In one place it says OTM
> is designed for wired or wireless. In another place on
> the same page it indicates a wireless Palm or wireless
> modem is required. But then, there's no way to
> download the program. Again, the only download link
> seems to be for the new whatzis.

> Questions:

> 1. Is One-Touch mail freeware or available in a trial
> version?

> 2. Anyone know a site where I could download a copy of
> JP One-Touch Mail to try?

> Thanks

> scribex
> --
> _______________________________
> To reply by e-mail, remove hyphen

I originally bought this software and was very happy with it. It had all the
features I wanted except for one major omission, you cannot download e-mails
with attachments (even just the message body). I switched to MultiMail and
it has much better features but I find it a bit buggey. Best one available
though I think. Also, JP don't seem to bothered about updating the app. No
updates for at least a year and they've been saying that the new version
will have x, y and z new features for ages.

--
Ben Starr

(Please note my e-mail address has been altered to avoid spammers,
remove "nospam." if you wish to e-mail me)

JP One-Touch mail source?

Post by Reto Zimmerman » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 02:24:28

> Interested in trying JPsystems One-Touch mail program,
> I went to the Web site, now dubbed JPMobile.
> Everything there sort of routes you to a screen where
> you "register" to to try a beta of the outfit's Web
> browser package, which I really am not interested in,
> at least at this time.

> The site does offer a description of One-Touch Mail
> and it is ambiguous. In one place it says OTM
> is designed for wired or wireless. In another place on
> the same page it indicates a wireless Palm or wireless
> modem is required. But then, there's no way to
> download the program. Again, the only download link
> seems to be for the new whatzis.

> Questions:

> 1. Is One-Touch mail freeware or available in a trial
> version?

> 2. Anyone know a site where I could download a copy of
> JP One-Touch Mail to try?

I was also looking for the download link yesterday but couldn't find
it.  Then I found the application at tucows, downloaded and installed
it.  When attempting to run it, my Palm crashed.  I immediately deleted
it and am now using MultiMail instead.

Reto

1. JP One-Touch Mail

After having posted a query about JP One-Touch Mail, while out
shopping, I saw in a store that it is a fully commercial program.
I was not seeking in my earlier post to get a commercial program
for free and hope no one interpreted my query that way.

 BTW, I have since downloaded and installed the Eudora
mail-browser combo and so far am very pleased with it.

scribex
-- ______________________________
Remove hyphen to email reply

2. ISDN router activated and deactivated all the time

3. WANTED: Case for Pilot and JP Systems One-Touch Cable Connection

4. FTP site for gnustuff for DEC Alpha -OSF/1

5. Does One-Touch Mail read mail from AOL

6. Linksys router and 1.35 very slow?

7. WTB: JP Systems One Touch with Accesslink Pager Cable

8. Recommendations needed on 600 dpi's

9. WANTED: Pilot case to carry JP Systems One Touch Cable

10. One-Touch Mail

11. One Touch Mail/OmniSky Mail crashes with "Find" function on Visor Prism

12. One-Touch MailT for Users with Special Coupons?

13. ANN: One-Touch Communicator for the Palm Computing Platform