IR hotsync and Windows 2000

Post by Janne I. Turune » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

is it possible to use hotsync via IR port with windows 2000? Windows 2000 no
more configures IR port as a COM port, but a IR device which cannot be found
with Palm Desktop Setup...

All ideas welcome!

+janne

IR hotsync and Windows 2000

Post by leonro » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

It looks like you can not do it using the built-in IR support.

Leon

> Hi,

> is it possible to use hotsync via IR port with windows 2000? Windows 2000 no
> more configures IR port as a COM port, but a IR device which cannot be found
> with Palm Desktop Setup...

> All ideas welcome!

> +janne

1. IR Hotsync / Windows 2000 troubles

I do need help.
I used to hotsync with my Toshiba 7140CT notebook using IR, until I
had to reinstall Windows 2000 Pro and everything else recently.

I then began to get a message from HotSync Manager everytime it starts
saying "Error accessing the IR port. See the //Helpnote//IR_Readme.txt
for more information".
Well, that path doesn't exist in my documentation and Palm support
simply ignores me "it's a Windows problem"; Microsoft support tried to
be helpful but only gave me some Knowledge Base docs that didn't solve
the problem.
It seems that the difficult resides in the necessity to associate IRDa
with a serial port and I don't see how to do that (and don't know how
it was achieved earlier).
I think everything was done right, including installing all Toshiba
Windows 2000 specific drivers in the correct order according to the
instructions on their site.
Incidentally, serial hotsync is OK, even when done through the
USB-serial adapter.

Paulo Braga

2. Get server time with win32 function

3. Windows 2000 & Palm Hotsync via IR

4. PCL language reference

5. IR HotSync with Windows 2000

6. Change of email address for AcornICQ

7. Palm Releases IR HotSync Update for Windows 2000

8. big help needed

9. Hotsync via IR on Windows 2000 with Vx

10. Hotsync, IR and Windows 2000

11. IR Hotsync with Windows 2000 on Toshiba Portege 3440

12. Windows 2000 - IR HotSync does not work!

13. Palm Vx HotSync via Ir on Windows 2000