Avantgo

Post by David Abraha » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 02:14:54

Hi,

Not only does Avantgo fail to sync but I can't reach their web-site either.
Anyone know what's happening?

David Abraham

Avantgo

Post by GuiGur » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 02:47:05

So far as I can tell Avantgo is working normally -- that is, I synch once or
twice a day and it almost always works.  Some specific sites may fail in any
given synch, but AvG seems normal....
If you browse through back threads in this NG you will note that this is an
issue that comes up with depressing regularity, with someone saying it's not
working and others saying it works for them.  Bottom line is if it doesn't
work at all for you then something is presumably not configured correctly.
So --
Has it EVER worked for you?  If so, what's changed?  If not -- are you
behind a firewall?  have you reinstalled?  are you in a state of grace?

Quote:> Hi,

> Not only does Avantgo fail to sync but I can't reach their web-site
either.
> Anyone know what's happening?

> David Abraham

1. AvantGo installation problem? Looking for older AvantGo versions?

I've been having a problem installing version 4 of AvantGo because of the
error: "Setup failed to run installation (0x80040707)" and recently
received the following response from AvantGo about the problem.

----------------
Hello,

We apologize for the install errors you experienced with our new 4.0
client. We believe the problem is related to your Install Shield
software on your desktop and are looking into a possible workaround. In
the meantime, users have advised us that installing 3.3 allows you to
use AvantGo.

You can install our 3.3 client from one of the following URL's:

http://downloads.avantgo.com/downloads/unsupported/3.3/AGPalmClientSetup
.exe
http://downloads.avantgo.com/downloads/unsupported/3.3/AvantGo3.3.zip

gs
AvantGo Support

-----------

HTH,
Kim

2. wdb with threads under 10.20

3. AvantGo 5.2 Now Production

4. Sunrize FS

5. Avantgo and Mac OSX

6. dosFs2 Problem - lost chains" cross-linked with another chain NEED HELP!

7. UK Users of Avantgo: The Guardian

8. Check In DOS format ascii files into Unix CVS server

9. AvantGo

10. Avantgo won't sync

11. Avantgo latest software for OS5. Anyone tried?

12. avantgo connect & win xp

13. Avantgo server problems?