Using SMS in Treo for email

Post by mdoc » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:50:25

Is it possible to use the SMS messaging for all my emails when I am
traveling?  I would like to forward my aol and other emails to the SMS so
that I can get beeped every time I get an email.  Is that possible?

Using SMS in Treo for email

Post by eMeL » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:55:23

> Is it possible to use the SMS messaging for all my emails when I am
> traveling?
> I would like to forward my aol and other emails to the SMS so
> that I can get beeped every time I get an email.  Is that possible?

SMS has a limit of 160 characters.
Some email systems offer a "notification" feature when new email arrives.
Perhaps you can instruct your email system to notify you via SMS about new mail

Michael

Using SMS in Treo for email

Post by YOP » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:36:33

> > Is it possible to use the SMS messaging for all my emails when I am
> > traveling?
> > I would like to forward my aol and other emails to the SMS so
> > that I can get beeped every time I get an email.  Is that possible?

> SMS has a limit of 160 characters.
> Some email systems offer a "notification" feature when new email arrives.
> Perhaps you can instruct your email system to notify you via SMS about new
mail

> Michael

For my own, I had to activate my data capabilities (mail & fax) for my
cellular... I've done it by my cellular provider.

is my provider ;))
With outlook, each time Im receiving a mail, Im forwarding an alert with it
to my cellular adress... simple isn't it ?
You'll find this option in the tool menu of Outlook->rules...

YOP

1. Sending SMS using HandPhone SMS

Sending SMS messages using HandPhone SMS 1.2.1 on my Palm Vx (OS 3.5) and
the TDK GlobalPulse package (v1.2) for Nokia 6150 fails, returning the
error message 'An error occurred while sending'. Retrieving messages from
the handy, however,
works perfectly.

Any ideas?

Please let me know...

Regards
Andy

2. Missing form control

3. Experiment using Palm and SMS on GSM phones to send emails

4. Costs for laptop PC's

5. Bulk-Archive SMS on Treo 270?

6. Amiga App Programmer wanted - Chicago

7. Wanted - Treo 270 Group SMS Software

8. Help, Please: win98 & win2000

9. Treo crash when receiving multiple SMS

10. Using SMS with Nokia: help needed

11. SMS/e-mail etc

12. IR - Visor SMS and Email

13. IR - Visor for SMS and E-mail