Can I use my Sony Clie itself as memory adaptor ?

Can I use my Sony Clie itself as memory adaptor ?

Post by TCinB » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 08:19:21

Hello Folks,

  This may be a very stupid question.. But I just bought my 128Mb MS..
I was wondering if I can sync a 50MB file from my PC and copy this
onto the MS.  I can then use MS to transfer the same file to other PC
at home.  I would like to use it as a floppy drive if you will.  Is
this possible ? If anyone has tried it, is the transfer going to to
take  too much time ? even with USB ?

   I did check out floppy drive adpater and many other adapters out
there.. But wondering if I really need to buy those if I intend to use
MS as a mini storage device between PC's ?

thanks again,
Tejas

Can I use my Sony Clie itself as memory adaptor ?

Post by Jim Thompso » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 08:39:34

You bet!  The very best way to do it is to buy a USB card reader like
the Dazzle 6-in-1.

Jim Thompson

Quote:>Hello Folks,

Post by Nospam for me. » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:40:38

> Hello Folks,
>   This may be a very stupid question.. But I just bought my 128Mb MS..
> I was wondering if I can sync a 50MB file from my PC and copy this
> onto the MS.  I can then use MS to transfer the same file to other PC
> at home.  I would like to use it as a floppy drive if you will.  Is
> this possible ? If anyone has tried it, is the transfer going to to
> take  too much time ? even with USB ?
>    I did check out floppy drive adpater and many other adapters out
> there.. But wondering if I really need to buy those if I intend to use
> MS as a mini storage device between PC's ?

Which Clie is it? Mine covers just this in the second manual that came
with it. I think the chapter was something like "Using your Clie as a
portable disk." I think you can copy stuff between the Clie's memory
stick and PC using MSImport.

Can I use my Sony Clie itself as memory adaptor ?

Post by Laurent Bugnion, GalaSof » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:42:19

Hi,

> Hello Folks,

>   This may be a very stupid question.. But I just bought my 128Mb MS..
> I was wondering if I can sync a 50MB file from my PC and copy this
> onto the MS.  I can then use MS to transfer the same file to other PC
> at home.  I would like to use it as a floppy drive if you will.  Is
> this possible ? If anyone has tried it, is the transfer going to to
> take  too much time ? even with USB ?

>    I did check out floppy drive adpater and many other adapters out
> there.. But wondering if I really need to buy those if I intend to use
> MS as a mini storage device between PC's ?

> thanks again,
> Tejas

Of course you can. Start MSImport on the Sony, and it will appear as a
"Removable Disk" in the Windows Explorer (assuming you're talking about
this OS).

You can then fill the MS up with whatever you like and copy it back when
you're home. The performances are OK.

Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
Webdesign, Java, JavaScript: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch

1. Sony CLIE and Memory stick vs. TrgPro vs. Springboard Memory

The latter. There are hacks available to provide some of the capabilities of
AutoCF, but it's still pretty clumsy.

--
Rev. Peter da Silva, ULC.                                       WWFD?

"Be conservative in what you generate, and liberal in what you accept"
        -- Matthew 10:16 (l.trans)

2. connecting to a Telebit Netblazer LS

3. Sony CLIE PEG-SJ30 vs Sony CLIE PEG-N770C

4. hp820 vs. Lexmark z51

5. CompactFlash Memory Card Drivers for Sony Clie Released

6. Euro-Logo

7. FS all on Half.com Sony CLIE PEG-SL10 PDA keyboard and memory stick

8. email-only accounts using imap

9. What is good Memory Stick backup for Sony Clie SL10?

10. Sony Clie free up Memory?

11. help with sony memory stick / clie / digital still camera dsc f717

12. Memory stick options for Sony Clie

13. Please help with Sony Clie Memory Stick