Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by C' » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00



Hi, is WriteRight Screen Enhancement good?
Does it make Palm's Screen look unclear?
 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by Martin J. Linde » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00



>Hi, is WriteRight Screen Enhancement good?

Yes, I personally recomend it. It's not that easy to put it on the screen
but it sure helps a lot: faster graffiti, no scratches on the screen.

Quote:>Does it make Palm's Screen look unclear?

Yes, a little bit. If your stylus doesn't scratch and you'd prefer the
clear screen don't use it.

--
Every generation has its legend...
... and sometimes it comes alive again!!!

 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by xy » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00


Personally, I like the WriteRights.  It's been about 2 months now and
I'm still on my first WriteRight (comes in pack of 12).  Not one
scratch on the WriteRight (perhaps because I don't use Graffitti..I
use the onscreen keyboard so the action of the stylus on the screen is
more of a peck peck pick pick type action although I do use Diddlebug
which is an app that allows you to draw pictures....or it could be
that I have a light touch) so far.  How early the WriteRights mark up
will depend on the amount of pressure you apply when writing with the
stylus.  The screen is definitely clearer without the WriteRights but
the screen is still plenty clear with the WriteRight on it.  Plus the
WriteRight minimizes the glare on the screen and improves writing
"feel" or traction when using the stylus.  All things considered it's
better to have some form of screen protection than none (writing on an
uncovered screen with a metal stylus will eventually leave scratches
on the screen.   It's a question of aesthetics.   Maybe it won't
bother you.).

>Hi, is WriteRight Screen Enhancement good?
>Does it make Palm's Screen look unclear?

 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by Andrew McDonal » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00



> Hi, is WriteRight Screen Enhancement good?
> Does it make Palm's Screen look unclear?

No and Yes.

I bought a pack of these with my Palm in March.  I put the first one on and HATED it.  Screen clarity is destroyed.  I don't like the writing surface either.  It feels like I am writing on corduroy..

There are many cheaper alternatives.  Most people take a piece of Scotch Brand Removable Tape #811 (in a BLUE box, not green) and put it over the graffiti area.  This is the area that takes the most abuse.  A roll of this will last you forever.

Others buy laserjet transparencies and cut them a little bigger than the screen and then slip them under the screen edges to hold them on.  These are very clear.

Another alternative which I am using is clear vinyl.  I picked it up at Hancock Fabrics.  It cost $1.24 for a half yard of this stuff.  I took my Palm IIIx apart, cut a piece of vinyl to go over the screen, worked out the bubbles and put the thing back together.  It has a *y kind of feel which does take some getting used to but it's very scratch resistant and completely clear.  I accidently put my Palm in it's case without the cover and when I took it out, there were marks on the screen from my credit cards.  I was annoyed but it was on the vinyl so I figured I could fix it.  Much to my amazement the mark was gone about 10 minutes later.

There are still a few bubbles to work out but it looks pretty good and it's really tough.

There are lot's of alternatives, all of them ALOT cheaper and better than Write Rights.

 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by hillary israe » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00



*Personally, I like the WriteRights.  It's been about 2 months now and
*I'm still on my first WriteRight (comes in pack of 12).  Not one
*scratch on the WriteRight (perhaps because I don't use Graffitti..I
*use the onscreen keyboard so the action of the stylus on the screen is
*more of a peck peck pick pick type action although I do use Diddlebug
*which is an app that allows you to draw pictures....or it could be
*that I have a light touch) so far.  How early the WriteRights mark up
*will depend on the amount of pressure you apply when writing with the

I recommend against using the WriteRights for too much longer than the
recommended period. I had one on my III for several months (maybe 4) and
when I tried to peel it off, the graffitti area stuck to the palm and it
was sort of a pain to get it off (although I did eventually get it off
without any permanent damage to the screen.)

--

 "So that's 2 T-1s and a newsfeed....would you like clues with that?"

 Net Access...The NSP for ISPs....The NOC that rocks around the clock.

 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by Nyrath the nearly wis » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00



> Another alternative which I am using is clear vinyl.  I picked it up at Hancock Fabrics.  It cost $1.24 for a half yard of this stuff.  I took my Palm IIIx apart, cut a piece of vinyl to go over the screen, worked out the bubbles and put the thing back together.  It has a *y kind of feel which does take some getting used to but it's very scratch resistant and completely clear.  I accidently put my Palm in it's case without the cover and when I took it out, there were marks on the screen from my credit cards.  I was annoyed but it was on the vinyl so I figured I could fix it.  Much to my amazement the mark was gone about 10 minutes later.

        I got my vinyl at Jo Ann Fabrics for about $1.75, which is enough
        to give you a lifetime supply.
        It reduces the glare wonderfully, and it *very* scratch
        resistant.

        It is a pain to cut out accurately and put on, but the
        results are worth it.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by MarkX » Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:00:00


You really only need to cover the graffitti area to protect from writing
scratches. That's where all the wear and tear is.  Clarity isn't an issue
if you cut them down to fit the bottom one inch of the screen.
Mark XL


Quote:> Hi, is WriteRight Screen Enhancement good?
> Does it make Palm's Screen look unclear?

 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by Rick Stetso » Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:00:00


I believe this is one of those issues where each of has an opinion.  Mine is
that you need to cover the entire screen.  Why?  Because I have some
software (Quo Vadis, Datebk3, Golf Solitaire, etc) that require taps or
movements on the non-graffiti screenscape.  I'd hate to think what the
screen area just above the Home silk button would look like without
WriteRight!  That's the primary spot for Golf Solitaire play.

Perhaps you just have to experience a scratched screen (mine was on a Sharp
Wizard OS-9600B several years back) to realize the value of protecting a
touch screen panel.

My 2...

THANKS!!

Rick


> You really only need to cover the graffitti area to protect from writing
> scratches. That's where all the wear and tear is.  Clarity isn't an issue
> if you cut them down to fit the bottom one inch of the screen.
> Mark XL


> > Hi, is WriteRight Screen Enhancement good?
> > Does it make Palm's Screen look unclear?

 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by MarkX » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00


You might be right.  It probably depends on how you use it.  I have a
theory that taps are much, much less destructive than strokes. I covered
my Palm completely originally with WriteRight.  I never really got used
to looking thru it.  Then I observed that all of the wear marks on my
screen protector were in the center of the graffiti area.  So I cut it
down and made 4 protectors out of 1.  Which I found attractive since they
were $2 apiece.
One thing we do agree on is that as hard as glass may look, it scratches.

Regards, Mark XL



> I believe this is one of those issues where each of has an opinion.  Mine is
> that you need to cover the entire screen.  Why?  Because I have some
> software (Quo Vadis, Datebk3, Golf Solitaire, etc) that require taps or
> movements on the non-graffiti screenscape.  I'd hate to think what the
> screen area just above the Home silk button would look like without
> WriteRight!  That's the primary spot for Golf Solitaire play.

> Perhaps you just have to experience a scratched screen (mine was on a Sharp
> Wizard OS-9600B several years back) to realize the value of protecting a
> touch screen panel.

> My 2...

> THANKS!!

> Rick



> > You really only need to cover the graffitti area to protect from writing
> > scratches. That's where all the wear and tear is.  Clarity isn't an issue
> > if you cut them down to fit the bottom one inch of the screen.
> > Mark XL


> > > Hi, is WriteRight Screen Enhancement good?
> > > Does it make Palm's Screen look unclear?

--
XL
 
 
 

Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement

Post by Tom Carte » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Actually, it's NOT glass that's scratching, but a thin polymer film over the
glass which is necessary for the touch-screen digitizer function. All the
more reason for protecting it!

I fall into the "cover the whole thing" camp since I use a lot of games
where I need to manipulate things all over the screen, and use vinyl that I
bought in a local fabric store and cut to size myself with my trusty X-Acto
knife. Very clear, and AMAZINGLY durable and protective.

Tom Carter


> You might be right.  It probably depends on how you use it.  I have a
> theory that taps are much, much less destructive than strokes. I covered
> my Palm completely originally with WriteRight.  I never really got used
> to looking thru it.  Then I observed that all of the wear marks on my
> screen protector were in the center of the graffiti area.  So I cut it
> down and made 4 protectors out of 1.  Which I found attractive since they
> were $2 apiece.
> One thing we do agree on is that as hard as glass may look, it scratches.

> Regards, Mark XL



> > I believe this is one of those issues where each of has an opinion.
Mine is
> > that you need to cover the entire screen.  Why?  Because I have some
> > software (Quo Vadis, Datebk3, Golf Solitaire, etc) that require taps or
> > movements on the non-graffiti screenscape.  I'd hate to think what the
> > screen area just above the Home silk button would look like without
> > WriteRight!  That's the primary spot for Golf Solitaire play.

> > Perhaps you just have to experience a scratched screen (mine was on a
Sharp
> > Wizard OS-9600B several years back) to realize the value of protecting a
> > touch screen panel.

> > My 2...

> > THANKS!!

> > Rick



> > > You really only need to cover the graffitti area to protect from
writing
> > > scratches. That's where all the wear and tear is.  Clarity isn't an
issue
> > > if you cut them down to fit the bottom one inch of the screen.
> > > Mark XL


> > > > Hi, is WriteRight Screen Enhancement good?
> > > > Does it make Palm's Screen look unclear?

> --
> XL

 
 
 

1. Question about WriteRight Screen Enhancement



No, not good in my opinion because they make the image
on the screen unclear or fuzzy.... I bought them when they
were smooth and clear, and they were good, but hard to put on without
air bubbles, and took a couple of days to clear up, now they are
easy to put on, air bubbles are minimal, but they make my nice
new IIIx screen look like the old, original pilot...

Get PilotRites... they are cheap, last much longer, get better
with age, and go pretty easy...

Greg

PS, have been using screen protectors since my first pilot, and I'm'
on my third one now... (upgrades)..

2. rebinding keys in minibuffer

3. Review: WriteRight Screen Enhancements from Concept Kitchen

4. Pro/E Surfacing Expert Needed

5. WriteRight Screen Enhancement

6. Printing envelopes on SW1 using SW2 driver

7. Screen Enhancements

8. Why is it giving a nullobject reference error??

9. Which to get: TapPad, SilkyBoard, FitalyStamp, or Keyboard (on screen enhancement)?

10. Homemade "screen enhancements"

11. Sony Clie s320 and WriteRight Screen Protector