Recipients Error

Post by am.. » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hey,
     I'm writing some code for another company to create and send task
items.  Part of the code looks for existing task items and deletes them.
Problem is when the user is tries to resolve someone else's username and
get the shared default taskitem folder.  I'm getting a runtime error
"Operation Failed".  I can't for the life of me figure out why!  If the
user inputs their own name as the recipient, works fine.
Here's the applicable snippet of code:
'buncha Dims..........
Dim rs As Recordset
Dim UserName As Recipient
Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("users")
 With rs
   Do Until .EOF
       Set UserName = myNS.CreateRecipient(!Recipients)  '!Recipients
'represents a database of user names
       UserName.Resolve
 '      Stop
       If UserName.Resolved Then
       Set myFolder = myNS.GetSharedDefaultFolder(UserName,
olFolderTasks) 'here's where it crashes
'       do some stuff
        End If
notasks:
       .MoveNext
   Loop

Is there a way to list all the possible recipients for the network?
(there are only about 12 people)?  I don't think I've got the usernames
wrong, and I've tried every possible permutation of name possible!
So why does it fail when assigning recipient to a user besides the
current user?
I'm at my wit's end....
arg....
many thanks for your patience,
Andrew Wright

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Multiple recipients error: help!!!

Hi guys!!!

When I want to send an e-mail to multiple addresses on my address-book
(about 200) it gives an error:

Impossibile inviare il messaggio. Uno dei destinatari non stato accettato
dal server. L'indirizzo di posta elettronica non accettato
"Undisclosed-Recipient:;". Oggetto 'Newslwtter 22.05.02: xxx002', Account:
'xxx', Server: 'smtp.xxx.xx', Protocollo: SMTP, Risposta del server: '501
<Undisclosed-Recipient> Invalid mail address, must have a domain part',
Porta: 25, Protezione (SSL): No, Errore del server: 501, Numero di errore:
0x800CCC79

What can I do?

TNX

VEGETA

2. MS Outlook

3. Recipient error using Exchange Server and Rules Wizard

4. SPELL CHECK

5. can't send e-mail because of recipient error..

6. Trouble with Exact in VLOOKUP

7. Too Many Recipients Error #0x800CCC3C

8. Office AutoUpdate does not see Office 2000 Install

9. Send to mail recipient error

10. Error: too many recipients - Replying to + 400 recipients

11. Error message - rejection of recipients due to too many recipients

12. Only Let Each Recipient See Their Name in the Recipient List When Sending to Multiple Recipients.

13. Error (with error message) when sending to one particular recipient