Report Name function

Post by Doug Mackl » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 04:29:11

Is there a report name function?

When reports are printed I want the report to have the acual report name and
datbase name on it i.e... LAMP.mdb rpt_Loan_value

Can I use a text box and some Function?

Thanks

Report Name function

--

Put an unbound Textbox on the report. I'll call it [txtName] for my
example.

In for format event of the section where [txtName] resides place this
code:

[txtName] = CurrentDb.Name & "        " & Me.Name

Mark A. Sam
---
Administrator
www.Truckloads.Net
---
Pray for America
http://www.Truckloads.Net/GodBlessAmerica.htm
_____________________________________
Plan-It-Earth Web Management Services
P.O. Box 110
Dunkirk, New York   14048
Phone:    716-679-7607

Website: http://www.plan-it-earth.net

Report Name function

Post by Marshall Barto » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 05:04:21

Try this in the textbox:

    =[CurrentDb].[Name] & "    " & [Report].[Name]

Marsh

Quote:>Is there a report name function?

>When reports are printed I want the report to have the

acual report name and
Quote:>datbase name on it i.e... LAMP.mdb rpt_Loan_value

>Can I use a text box and some Function?

Report Name function

Post by Doug Mackl » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 05:14:36

This one worked, but it did not give me the actual report name. it gave me
the path to the databse great. can I add anything to that function that
would add the report name also?

Doug

> Try this in the textbox:

>     =[CurrentDb].[Name] & "    " & [Report].[Name]

> Marsh

> >Is there a report name function?

> >When reports are printed I want the report to have the
> acual report name and
> >datbase name on it i.e... LAMP.mdb rpt_Loan_value

> >Can I use a text box and some Function?

Report Name function

Post by Doug Mackl » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 05:18:31

Forget it! I didn't have the text box wide enough!
Great work Marshall!

> This one worked, but it did not give me the actual report name. it gave me
> the path to the databse great. can I add anything to that function that
> would add the report name also?

> Doug

> > Try this in the textbox:

> >     =[CurrentDb].[Name] & "    " & [Report].[Name]

> > Marsh

> > >Is there a report name function?

> > >When reports are printed I want the report to have the
> > acual report name and
> > >datbase name on it i.e... LAMP.mdb rpt_Loan_value

> > >Can I use a text box and some Function?

Report Name function

Post by Marshall Barto » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 06:23:00

I appreciate the accolade, but Mark's answer would work just
as well.  They are the same technique except I used a
calculated control expression and Mark did the same
calculation in a line of code.  Toss a coin.

Marsh

>This one worked, but it did not give me the actual report
name. it gave me
>the path to the databse great. can I add anything to that
function that
>would add the report name also?

>Doug

message

>> Try this in the textbox:

>>     =[CurrentDb].[Name] & "    " & [Report].[Name]

>> Marsh

>> >Is there a report name function?

>> >When reports are printed I want the report to have the
>> acual report name and
>> >datbase name on it i.e... LAMP.mdb rpt_Loan_value

>> >Can I use a text box and some Function?

Report Name function

Post by Sirocc » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:36:53

The report name and database name are constants, aren't they?  Just use a
text box with the names you want.

Report Name function

Post by Doug Mackl » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 04:38:30

Do you know of a good resource, besides these newsgroups, that have a list,
description, examples of functions used in Access? Are these things even
called Functions?
Thanks again,
Doug

> I appreciate the accolade, but Mark's answer would work just
> as well.  They are the same technique except I used a
> calculated control expression and Mark did the same
> calculation in a line of code.  Toss a coin.

> Marsh

> >This one worked, but it did not give me the actual report
> name. it gave me
> >the path to the databse great. can I add anything to that
> function that
> >would add the report name also?

> >Doug

> message

> >> Try this in the textbox:

> >>     =[CurrentDb].[Name] & "    " & [Report].[Name]

> >> Marsh

> >> acual report name and

Report Name function

Post by Marshall Barto » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 06:00:46

Doug,

Actually, those particular things are Objects and we used
their Name Property.  For A97 and earlier versions, I like
the Help files for both lists and explanations.  If you have
a question about a specific type of object, such as
Database, Report, Textbox, etc, then look up the object in
the Help index and goto the topic for the object.  At the
top of the object's Help screen are selection lists for the
object's Properties, Methods, Examples and See Also.  If you
can maintain a significant attention span, select each in
turn and read all about it  ;-)

Another way (available in A97 and later) to see information
about objects is to start from the Object Browser, select an
object of interest on the left and it will display a
combined list of properties and methods on the right.
Select one of those and then click on the ? button at the
top to display the selected item's Help topic.

Marsh