Bernie not compatible with Kaleidoscope?

Bernie not compatible with Kaleidoscope?

Post by Lim » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00



I just installed Kaleidoscope 2 and Bernie no longer boots the GS
harddisk. I tried
Kaleidoscope 1.8 and Bernie also refused to boot (after switching
resolution, it
turns black and GS did not start up). Removing Kaleidoscope and the
problem went
away.

Using Aaron lite works fine though, but I need to change the system font
(to a
chinese font). Is there any other utitlity that allows me to change
system font
only?

Thanks.
--
Lim Thye Chean                   There will always be skeptics.

home.pacific.net.sg/~thyechean   And there will always be Apple to prove
them wrong.

 
 
 

Bernie not compatible with Kaleidoscope?

Post by Horstmann Andr » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00



> I just installed Kaleidoscope 2 and Bernie no longer boots the GS
> harddisk. I tried
> Kaleidoscope 1.8 and Bernie also refused to boot (after switching
> resolution, it
> turns black and GS did not start up). Removing Kaleidoscope and the
> problem went
> away.

hmm, Kaleidoscope works fine with Bernie on my system. Can anyone else
reproduce this problem?

Quote:> Using Aaron lite works fine though, but I need to change the system font
> (to a
> chinese font). Is there any other utitlity that allows me to change
> system font
> only?

Yes, there's a trick to change the system font by using the standard
Appearance control panel. But I can't remember how. Anyone?

- andre

--
F.E.Systems - Emulation Technologies - http://www.magnet.ch/emutech/

 
 
 

Bernie not compatible with Kaleidoscope?

Post by Lim » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00


Hi, long time no talk. :)

Ya, I have tried a few things, only by disabling Kaleidoscope Bernie
can work. It seems like Bernie has problem switch resolution.

How's the development of Bernie going now? After upgrading from
Performa 5200 to PowerMac 5500, Bernie now runs way too fast. Rastan
is unplayable. And unfortunately, the setting is still not save with
the disk image - everytime I launched the disk image (which launches
Bernie), Speed Nanny is always off, very irritating. And I wish Speed
Nanny can allow me to adjust any speed I want from 1MHz to maximum
speed, which cannot be done. Because of this, I seldom use Bernie now.


> Yes, there's a trick to change the system font by using the standard
> Appearance control panel. But I can't remember how. Anyone?

--
Lim Thye Chean
Program Manager, iMedia

Home Page: http://home.pacific.net.sg/~thyechean
 
 
 

Bernie not compatible with Kaleidoscope?

Post by Horstmann Andr » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00



> Hi, long time no talk. :)

Yeah, we've been quite busy lately.

Quote:> How's the development of Bernie going now? After upgrading from
> Performa 5200 to PowerMac 5500, Bernie now runs way too fast. Rastan
> is unplayable. And unfortunately, the setting is still not save with
> the disk image - everytime I launched the disk image (which launches
> Bernie), Speed Nanny is always off, very irritating. And I wish Speed
> Nanny can allow me to adjust any speed I want from 1MHz to maximum
> speed, which cannot be done. Because of this, I seldom use Bernie now.

Bernie 2.0 will be even faster! :-)
Sure, we'll try to track this problem down. In the meantime just press
F9 or Cmd-Shift-Y to enable Speed Nanny. You can then fine tune the
speed with the speed window or the keys F10 and F11. Bernie 2.0 has much
more options to set the speed, very much like a Zip card.

- andre

--
F.E.Systems - Emulation Technologies - http://www.magnet.ch/emutech/

 
 
 

1. Is Bernie compatible with Mandelbrot IIGS?

Hi, I am the author of Mandelbrot IIGS - which I believe is the best
Mandelbrot and Julia set generator for IIFGS, and I am not able to get
Mandelbrot IIGS to run under Bernie.

Henrik, however, can get it working. So I was wondering whether if you are
a Bernie user, can you please try out the software and tell me whether it
works? If it doesn't work, then we might find a bug in Bernie.

Thanks for testing.

You can get Mandelbrot IIGS disk image from
http://home.pacific.net.sg/~thyechean/software.html

Thye Chean

2. BitSurfer Pro into Tie phone switch at office?

3. Bernie PowerMode did not switch properly

4. lotus and netware messaging

5. You're not getting any Bernie news?

6. Using Money w/Inventory ??

7. Bernie can not use DOS 3.3 images?

8. Flash Disk Drive?????

9. NF MegaDemo - not ROM 3 compatible?

10. Quickeys and QuickFolder NOT compatible

11. AccessPC is NOT compatible with most 128meg Magneto Opticals!!!!!!!

12. Quadra's not MS_WORD Compatible!

13. Georgia Power website "not compatible"