Need a Font Editor that can ...

Post by Glenn W. Hoffm » Thu, 19 Aug 1993 05:30:37

For the DB module of AWGS, I want a font that will give me the maximum
number of lines per screen and the maximum number of characters per
line. Shaston does one, and Geneva the other.

I would like to create a font that has minimal white space above and
below the letters like Shaston, but thin strokes and proportional
spacing like Geneva.

I think I could do this easily if there is a font editor that can take
an existing font and change its ascender and decender maximum size for
all characters in one operation. Geneva looks like it would serve as
the base for the operation because it has unused pixels above each
character - I just want to remove a row or two of pixels from the top
and bottom of all letters. I hope I don't have to edit each character
individually, or create a font from scratch.

Is there a font editor that can do this modification?

Thanks.

Glenn

Need a Font Editor that can ...

Post by j.l.walte » Thu, 19 Aug 1993 09:56:37

Quote:> I think I could do this easily if there is a font editor that can take
> an existing font and change its ascender and decender maximum size for
> all characters in one operation. Geneva looks like it would serve as
> the base for the operation because it has unused pixels above each
> character - I just want to remove a row or two of pixels from the top
> and bottom of all letters. I hope I don't have to edit each character
> individually, or create a font from scratch.

> Is there a font editor that can do this modification?

Take a look at: Font Factory GS from Seven Hills. I think it does
exactly what you want. Feed back if you get it and the results you get.

Kind Regards,
--

                Joe Walters att!ihlpm!bird, NW 31-K14 (708) 224-7189
                To know, and not to do, is not yet to know

Need a Font Editor that can ...

Post by Steve Cra » Fri, 20 Aug 1993 00:01:06

I am willing to sell Font Factory GS.  I have the original disks in
prime shape, but am unsure where the manual went.  Any offer.

1. Need a Font Editor that can ...

Font Factory will edit any font, but you will have to modify each character
separately, it won't shorten or narrow a whole set globaly. Also don't mess
with Shastan 8, or at least you can't mess with it because it resides in
ROM
--

The Babbage Patch BBS  (319) 391-3301  24 Hours, V.32 9600 baud

2. Help!!! Cannot publish

3. ProDOS manual needed -- editor needed?

4. looking for A3000 parts

5. Big Fonts!!!... I need big fonts!!!

6. VB - Select item in a list box using right mouse click?

7. WTB GS Font Editor

8. IOBoard on A4000

9. GS Font Editor

10. Font editor?