Need Keyboard , Mouse and software for Macintosh M0001 512K (nostalgia)

Need Keyboard , Mouse and software for Macintosh M0001 512K (nostalgia)

Post by Karim Ben Ay » Tue, 14 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have an old 512K Macintoch M0001 that I want to restore, the box is fully
functional with the little logo that is looking for the disk.

The problem is I lost the Keyboard, The Mouse and all disks after all this
years.

Please, If anyone have them, I will appreciated if you can Email me at

Thanks

Karim Ben Ayed
460 Ovington Ave  #1E
Brooklyn, NY 11209

Post by Andrew D. Buc » Tue, 14 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>I have an old 512K Macintoch M0001 that I want to restore, the box is fully
>functional with the little logo that is looking for the disk.
>The problem is I lost the Keyboard, The Mouse and all disks after all this
>years.

If you have another Mac, you can download the old System and some
applications from the MacCrypt (http://members.aol.com/maccrypt).
Keep in mind that you can not read 400k SS/DD Macintosh disks, which
the 512 uses, with a Power Macintosh or OS8.  You would need an older
68k Mac with System 7.x

The keyboards and mice can be found quite easily.  Take a look in the
(comp.sys.mac.wanted) newsgroup for someone selling them.  There are
two keyboards that will work with the 512: one with a numeric keypad
and one without.  These will work on 128, 512, and Plus Macs.
Remember that you will need the keyboard cable.  You can not use a
telephone coard (even though they look the same).  The same goes for
the mouse: you need a non-ADB mouse, which will work on a 128, 512,
and Plus.

Andrew D. Bucko
alt.startrek.role-playing FAQ Keeper
http://members.aol.com/trekology/newsgroup.htm