Can't put Apple II Desktop and GeOS on same disk.

Can't put Apple II Desktop and GeOS on same disk.

Post by Jon Bettenct (formerly Mr.I'mAnOutOfControlLisaSimpsonFann » Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00

If you put GeOS and Apple II Desktop on the same disk, then when you
launch GeOS after using Apple II Desktop it says it needs an extended
80-column card. But if Apple II Desktop uses an extended 80-column card
too, then why is GeOS complaining?

If you put GeOS and Apple II Desktop on the same disk, then when you
launch Apple II Desktop it takes you to the System Monitor. I guessed it
was because Apple II Desktop used a custom version of ProDOS, but this
happens even when I use Apple II Desktop's version of ProDOS. Maybe
BASIC.SYSTEM warps it?

The only solution I've found is to have GeOS on one disk and Apple II
Desktop on another, and don't launch GeOS after launching Apple II
Desktop.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

An Apple II fanatic since 1998!              S0.5 LIS+++! M1987
"I can't stand to see you so miserable, Lis. Unless it's from
a * spider down your dress. Hmm... that gives me an idea.
(Pulls out tape recorder) Note for later: put * spider down
Lisa's dress. He he he he he."

 *_     Syntax Error: an error on a criminal's tax record.
   |    Bad Subscript: a criminal reading a book on a subway.
  ---   Unimplemented Trap: when a bear trap isn't set up
 |' ,|  properly and thus does not work.
  ---   Overflow: too many ice cubes.      <Can't Restart>

Please remove capital letters from my e-mail address to respond.

1. What would happen if you put 5 MacIIcx's on the same Desktop Bus?

Greetings again, Macintosh Hardware Gurus!
I a a human<->computer interface researcher at The U of Michigan and I
I want to connect several Macintosh keyboards and mice to one
computer, and have them work simutainously. You can't simply daisy
chain the keyboards together because thier is no place to connect the
mouse if you connect the keyboards together.
One of the things I can try is to daisy chain several Macs, and use
the Macs as Tee connectors. I don't care what happens on the other
Macs, I just want several people typing on the main Mac. Can this be
done? Will thier be electronics/hardware problems?
Can I leave the other Macs powered off? Or does the Mac need to be
powered to allow signals to go from one ADB port to the other?

Thanks in advance for the info,

Charles Hymes aka Charweed Hymerfan (The Dude)

Work    C.S.M.I.L: room 2420busad,  (313)-764-6715,
                701 Tappan Street,Ann Arbor Michigan 48109-1234
        CSMIL FAX:(313) 936-3168

2. Iomega Zip....Rebate over ?

3. Difference between 'disk II' and 'disk III' floppy!

4. Linux/Pilot HOWTO

5. Apple Desktop or GEOS

6. Other PB-100 Batteries

7. Dump all your broken(or unwanted) Apple II's and disk II's here.

8. for auction GEOS,GEOS 128K, geoCALC,geoFILE,geoPUBLISH, 2 manuals

9. I'm putting the software you'll need to decode jpgs from usenet on ...

10. Apple Disk II Drive->Apple 5.25 Drive for LC's IIe Card?

11. putting a disk image back on a disk