From Apple Corp. To Us.

Post by The Independents - SUNY Buffa » Mon, 24 Aug 1992 10:43:00

Howdy All,
        Forgive me if the following sounds preachy...
        For the last few months I've been seriously trying to sell off
my IIgs. I've seen the Sun Set on the Empire so to speak. Watched as my
product loyalty was rewarded with an Iron Boot To The Head from
Apple Inc. (those of you in Apple who have worked so * the two
: please don't feel flamed. e.g. Tim Swihart, Matt Deathrage, et.al).
        Now I see something genuily exciting happen.
        The GS and the other II family members are starting to emerge
from the heavy dead hand of Apple Corp.
        As the day draws ever closer that Mac Inc. will stop making
the II and drop it from its product line there is happening a changing
of the gaurds. The II is becoming a shareware haven. Independent
companies like A2 Central are taking up the slack in a mighty way
and there is a stellar cast of programmers committed to the II like
Ian Schmidt and Chiang and Gogul and many other wonderful shareware
authors that make owning a IIgs a very worthwhile expereince. Thank
you all.
        I'll be keeping my II. Hopefully I'll be making some
contributions to the cause myself in the form of Shareware/PD. I've
been working * Byteworks self teaching C course and have
advanced modestly (though excitingly!). I see the II getting a
fresh chance to show that it is what we've always known it was. A
Supreme Platform for Creativity. Excuse my french (I hear the FTA
laughing) but * the Amiga. The GS is THE True Creativity Machine!!
Lets make it easier to use with better and more sophisticated
tools from US. The USERS. We are now the future of the GS. Hopefully
Avatar will succeed. If not we can always make the GS more than it
is. Woz helped create a machine thats much more extensible than Skully
could ever possibly dream of. The Mac will fail to the IBM in the
Corporate wars while we Chosen Few will continue the enjoyment of
a true 'hackers' machine. To all IIGS lovers: Go forth and multiply,
create unto each other shareware and gifts of pd. Maketh thy machine
the envy of all who shall observe its exquisite functioning ;)
                                                        - Buffalo Joe

"I knew Buffalo Bill...I was friends with Buffalo Bill...And you Mr.
Skully are in for a big suprise!

From Apple Corp. To Us.

Post by Ian Schmi » Mon, 24 Aug 1992 11:54:19

In the aforementioned article, "Buffalo Joe" wrote..

Quote:>and there is a stellar cast of programmers committed to the II like
>Ian Schmidt and Chiang and Gogul and many other wonderful shareware

I just felt obligated to reply to this (James, if you're reading, *shut up* ;)
I'm not sure if I'm worthy to be in the same line as Steve and the Gogs-meister
.  But I guess I'll live.  Thanks muchly for everything, and (as that scum
Meekins would say) SUPPORT THE II IN '92...

--

       Apple IIgs: It's not just a computer, its a state of mind
 "I will choose a path that's clear: I will choose free will" - Neil Peart

From Apple Corp. To Us.

Post by Philip McDunnou » Mon, 24 Aug 1992 16:34:45

[ ]

Quote:

>I just felt obligated to reply to this (James, if you're reading, *shut up* ;)
>I'm not sure if I'm worthy to be in the same line as Steve and the Gogs-meister
>.  But I guess I'll live.  Thanks muchly for everything, and (as that scum
>Meekins would say) SUPPORT THE II IN '92...

Good. Now that you've received the compliment, when will AudioZap recognize
sampling rates and support the Zip GS?! Also, do you know of a NDA which will
digitize using the AA (and save to a file).

Philip McDunnough
University of Toronto

1. From Apple Corp. To Us.

Huh? I've been using AudioZap the last few nights to digitize some sounds and
had no trouble's using in on my 10Mhz Zip. What do you mean?

                    -=> Message from Kim Brennan <=-

         {Cathouse BBS (301) 840-8567 3/12/24/9600 V.32 24 hours}
      * "This is Rumor Control, and here are the facts." (Alien 3) *

2. Termcap for Tektronix 4006-1

3. Making Apple.Corp listen

4. Eudora AppleEvent aware?

5. Emacs emulation of edt, evt, or tpu?

6. Do I Owe Apple Corp An Apology?

7. port 750 in /etc/services

8. GEnie RTC Transcript: Supra Corp.

9. Minnesota Educational Computer Corp..

10. Looking for IIe Syntauri Corp. card

11. Supra Corp.

12. Looking for IIe Syntauri Corp. card