Wizardry 4 problems.

Post by Opal Drago » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Now that I'm on the subject of problematic files, let's go back to a post
I had a few weeks back.  I'm having some troubles with Wizardry 4.  I
FINALLY got the stupid images to download and ungzip.  Now I've got a
different problem:

I'm using applepc, probably in IIc mode.  It's been awhile since I tried
this.  I'm in a small room when I start out.  Every time I wander around
the small room, I reach a square that allows me to summon a few monsters.
That's all fine and good.  I now wander around with a bunch of monsters
in my party.  Eventually, while wandering around this small room, someone
attacks me.  I usually trounce them, no small thanks due to the creatures
I summoned.  However, after the attacking creatures are dead, and I'm
allowed to plunder their bodies, I try to take an item (just one item!)
and all of a sudden the screen freezes on me.  Actually, it fills with
junk symbols THEN freezes.

Does anyone have an explanation?  Has anyone else seen a similar problem
with this game?  If not, how have YOU gotten Wizardry 4 to work?  Any

Oh, and once we have THAT problem fixed, I need to know how to get out of
that stupid room.

---------------------+-----------------------------------------------
    Opal  Dragon     | Back in the days of Old Earth one group had a
    -==(UDIC)==-     | saying, 'What shall it profit a man, if he
---------------------+ should gain the whole world, and lose his own
                     | soul?' Nobody listened then, either... They
David Wynn Box 1182  | said God was love and postulated a heaven of
Northwestern College | communal love, and a hell for those who could
208 8th St SW        | not love. Later on that got crudded up with
Orange City IA 51041 | other stuff until the ideas were gone and only
                     | the artifacts were left... They paid more at-

                     | died for it.             --Jack L. Chalker
---------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Wizardry 4 problems.

Post by Henni » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm using applepc, probably in IIc mode.  It's been awhile since I tried
>[...]
>allowed to plunder their bodies, I try to take an item (just one item!)
>and all of a sudden the screen freezes on me.  Actually, it fills with
>junk symbols THEN freezes.

Well - maybe try it in the IIe mode (or even ][); I don't have
this problems; The only times when applepc crashs is when I move the
mouse .. maybe you hit it too?

Quote:>Oh, and once we have THAT problem fixed, I need to know how to get out of
>that stupid room.

I'll write the anwer to that at the bottom of this page ...

Once you have left the smallroom you'll happen to face another problem:
You will have to type in a 'copy protection'-number...
Any ideas how to 'solve' that problem?!?!?!

ciao

            [Spoiler below]

just summon yourself a priest - that stupid monster will cast a milwa for
you - and voila - you'll see a door :-)

Wizardry 4 problems.

Post by Opal Drago » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

What the.....?  Now I'm confuesed.

After posting the original message, I got one reply suggesting that I try
to use some of the other Apple modes to run this game.  So I loaded Wiz 4
back onto my computer, gave it another run, and....

It seems to be working fine now.  Ignore my previous post.

Also, I have gotten past that tomb room.  Thanks go to my respondant (I'm
sorry, I forgot your name).

1. Wizardry I Problem

I recently downloaded the Wizardry I Boot and Scenario Disks.
Unfortunately, I am very new to emulation so here's what I did:

1. I locked the two disk images
2. I loaded the boot disk into the first drive in Stop the Madness
3. I selected Run from the menu.

The title screen came up, I hit return, but after that nothing happened
at all.  Could someone please tell me, step by step, what I should do?  I
have a Mac...

Thanks,
-Mike

2. Restarting the built-in editor with the same open windows

3. WTB: Wizardry, WIzardry II

4. SDK sample ENHMETA?

5. Problems, problems, problems.

6. Hiding WATCOM icon

7. Norton System Works 2003

8. Wizardry III Walkthrough?

9. Original Wizardry Disk to .dsk: help!

10. Wizardry 1

11. Wizardry scenarios I & II run on STM

12. wizardry V on mac-IIe: anyone got it to work?